Builds Daughter's Favorite - Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Definetly agree. Discussed with wife if rig down for a couple months maybe get a 40 or 60

70 SERIES ...... :)
You have a local shop that specializes in them.

Last edited:
I would never be able to take that off road and into the scrub like I do with mine, it's just so shiny and beautiful. Great job.

Well so far is looking like it's totaled. Frame is bent. Airbags deployed. Awaiting insurance info. Gave them receipts for mods. Plan is to buy back rig and buy a new one and swap all parts. Will know more in the next 1-2 weeks. If anyone has a lead on a 95 to 97 with grey interior let me know.

Really sorry to see this. Glad you and yours are safe though.

The wife and I were discussing this sort of thing as we ready for our to get back from upholstery. We paid above blue book for the rig and now will have more into it than we paid for it so we are going to have to look at an insurance rider that has "Agreed Value" coverage like any classic or custom.

As for replacement, seen 5 100 series for sale this week, sadly no 80 series but I will keep eyes peeled.

Well so far is looking like it's totaled. Frame is bent. Airbags deployed. Awaiting insurance info. Gave them receipts for mods. Plan is to buy back rig and buy a new one and swap all parts. Will know more in the next 1-2 weeks. If anyone has a lead on a 95 to 97 with grey interior let me know.

from the pics it did not look that bad? just because the frame is bent does not mean it is totalled for you. I would say if you can get someone to straighten out the frame (puller) and get some new fenders and hood if needed you will be back into the car in no time. I think repairing it would be easier than trying to swap everything over? I guess it depends on if you can do the work yourself or not but just a thought.

Thanks I'm gonna see what happens. Awaiting numbers from insurance. May be able to straighten. but may just swap. Sounds like a fun project. I was almost done with this one and getting bored, haha. Hopefully i will know more in the next week.

Update. Currently they have totaled the vehicle. Awaiting their final numbers after factoring in for accessories and upgrades. Considering buying a daily driver and then get the right 80 when it comes along. Thankfully I have some help from Rob and @beno with finding one. These guys are awesome

Also, I just have to give a shout out to @beno. He is an awesome guy and I highly recommend using him for parts if you don't already. He has been very helpful with many things. He was able to source JDM seat heater switches with the correct plugs under the console. He also was great and sent along some gifts. Thanks so much man. Hopefully we can meet up sometime soon. Hoping to be able to have another 80 to wrench on shortly. Plan is to swap all my parts to it over an extended month haha.

Pic

1446072821803.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me more about the seat heater switches please. I redid the leather in my truck a couple months ago and need to go ahead and wire up the heaters.

Onur was able to source some from Japan. They have the correct connectors for the prewired connector already under the console.

Update: Bought a new to me 2005 LX470 with the help of @beno . Awesome rig. My 1996 80 Series landcruiser was towed to Robbie Smith's shop to see about repairs. Hopefully in a couple months will be fixed with maybe even some upgrades. Awaiting the OEM snorkel, new leather, etc. We will just have to see what he thinks when he starts working on it and how much work will be entailed and whether it will be fixed or a new rig will be found and mine will be come a parts donor. Heres the new LX470 and my awesome help from Onur.

CONTACTING BENO FOR OEM TOYOTA AND TERRAIN TAMER PARTS SUPPORT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom