dashboard lights upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my dash is basically not illuminated at night and I would like to do something about it. Other than just replacing the stock bulbs, I have seen some mention of LED replacements on here and was wondering where was a good place to start looking at those?

thanks!

Bought mine from super bright lights.

Got mine from super bright leds as well and they made a big difference.

D

Funny today I received a PM on the EL wire light upgrade I did and then I see this thread. I'll include the links here that I sent so you can check out how that is done. Lighting is really nice and even:

Cluster bulbs

LED head lights

image-jpeg.1337560

Has anyone ever tried T5 led lights in the sockets? I notice they range in voltage all the way to 24v which would work great in my 42.

I found on my truck that by cleaning inside the gauge cluster, cleaning the connections, installing new bulbs, AND going with LED headlights (that draw less power) that the gauge is now very bright on full blast (you do know the brightness is adjustable?).

I found on my truck that by cleaning inside the gauge cluster, cleaning the connections, installing new bulbs, AND going with LED headlights (that draw less power) that the gauge is now very bright on full blast (you do know the brightness is adjustable?).

Adjustable was not on all FJ40s. Started mid seventies and not in all markets. Pulled a light switch from a 84 HJ47RV that did not have the that feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom