CW 2.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be needing shorter. Probably 5-6' but I figgered I'd have to cut a full sized one down to get wheels in the right spot anyways.

Maybe an 8 footer with some dents to cheapen it up? :lol:
Message sent

Trying to find a Toyota box..... nearly impossible. Finding a cheap one with minimal rust is an exercise in futility. I remember seeing a picture of a mine in Ontario. Pic was taken overhead of the shop compound, in the back was a stack of unused 79 boxes sitting in the corner. If i worked there I'd be sneaking them out one by bloody one. A guy could have a serious side business selling mine truck bits and pieces (the bits that weren't totally dicked anyway).

In the meantime you might have to get Graham to stitch one together from aftermarket door skins.

Trying to find a Toyota box..... nearly impossible. Finding a cheap one with minimal rust is an exercise in futility. I remember seeing a picture of a mine in Ontario. Pic was taken overhead of the shop compound, in the back was a stack of unused 79 boxes sitting in the corner. If i worked there I'd be sneaking them out one by bloody one. A guy could have a serious side business selling mine truck bits and pieces (the bits that weren't totally dicked anyway).

In the meantime you might have to get Graham to stitch one together from aftermarket door skins.
Haha yeah, I had only faint hopes there...

I'll probably do the ute tray thing with folding sides. Bust out the aluminum welder, see if I can remember how to use it.

Been a while since I did the scary drive home in something held together by the rust spores holding hands :poop::facepalm:

The good...3b with a reasonable percentage of it's oil on the inside
5 speed
Half decent springs.

The bad, literally everything else . :lol:

20180825_153634.jpg

Springs do look good. Good parts score. If you get right down to chopping it up
let me know.

Haha, after I'm done there won't be much left for the vultures

It'll be a bit before I start chopping . I'd like to get a front end under the green thing before I get too carried away.

I have a week or so off, so I'm hoping to make a bit of a dent.

Got this heavy ass steel box from mr peezed because...free s*** is irresistible. It's managed to take a rather large bite out of a friends vw in the meantime so, it's probably best I carved it up before it could attack anything else . Theory is, itll be the battery box. Might have to notch it out a bit for the driveshaft but I think it'll clear.

If not, I'll always be able to tell myself it should have...:lol:
20180911_132851.jpg

Seems to work ok with the driver's seat, after some vigorous massaging for the suspension base to clear...floor pan is getting a bit beat up after all this but it'll all be hidden under a stall mat anyways.

I still need swmbo to do a test fit before I do anything drastic like weld or drill a hole. Some vw seats I got from cam that I've been lugging around for ****in years, and a 70 suspension base that's been a pain in the ass for even longer.

Best part of building this is getting all this s*** out of my shed.

I cleaned up in there, and I may have reached double digits in driveshafts. Wtf?? :bang:
20180911_112429.jpg

Note the badass shipwright's maul I found in some bushes...causes a perverse nostalgia for my old job, hanging onto a large drift while a mad englishman swung one of those things pointy end first at it as hard as he could...yes it was as scary as it sounds..:lol:

I'd kinda hoped to avoid an internal cage but I think I may have to have one for shoulder belts with the roof off. I'm guessing 45's attach the shoulder belts to the headache rack with the lid off, buggered if I can remember what I did on mine...

Hockey puck body mounts!

Looking good!
View attachment 1787094 View attachment 1787095

I haven’t tried this kit out.

Haha yep hockey pucks are great for testing phase. Tho really, used individually they actually last a long time. It's redneck halfwits stacking them 4 high to make a body lift that got them the bad name.

I was using them to shim the seat bases. Freaking 70 suspension bases have every corner a different height. :bang:

I'll probably be making my own body mounts , only need 6 for the cab, and I'll probably have to monkey with the heights.

Got tired of messing with tin...

Made a side step out of some steel I found in the bushes. My favorite kind. :hillbilly:

Plate is kinda wide, but it covers my s***ty rockers so...I think I'm good with it .

Eventually I'll flip this thing on it's back and brace this to the body framework so it's solid. Ass end is a good spot for a bracket to tie off the gin pole etc.
20180914_142734.jpg
20180914_134415.jpg

Don't think I'll get to side two today...I suspect this beer break is gonna last a while. :beer:

Damn, look at you go! Can't believe you got rid of that perfectly good steel, no concrete pour anytime soon i guess...
I need to find some time to get up there to crush and kick a few cans around.

Damn, look at you go! Can't believe you got rid of that perfectly good steel, no concrete pour anytime soon i guess...
I need to find some time to get up there to crush and kick a few cans around.
Yes you do...only been 3 years dude. :lol:

Ask swmbo to open up her purse and loan you her/your balls for a weekend...:flipoff2:

Last edited:
Well it sortof works. Needs to be bigger to get the details sharper on the 18 gauge, but not too bad in the thin hvac tin.

Naturally the printer chose today to run out of ink, so I had to free hand the leaf, and I went a little too small.
If nothing else , i have a decent painting stencil from this one. I'll make a bigger one the next time I'm bored with welding s***...
20180920_114748.jpg
20180920_121434.jpg
20180920_121915.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom