CW 2.0 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 1751822 This is what I used to press in the dimples . Just 1/4" hard board . 18gauge steel , works just fine. No need to make it more difficult .

Makes me think it'd be fun to cut out a maple leaf to press in.

Must have been drinking to think that would work in the first place! But you win an award :beer: for keeping it simple, for
me it's always wayyy too complicated and too much overthinking. Going to try to drop by tomorrow or next, have to see
this for myself.

View attachment 1751822 This is what I used to press in the dimples . Just 1/4" hard board . 18gauge steel , works just fine. No need to make it more difficult .

Makes me think it'd be fun to cut out a maple leaf to press in.

You definitely should add a maple leaf... you need to sign your work somehow.

Do you think I could press dimples into my tub? It'd make my tub more rigid and authentic looking ;)

While you're bending metal can you make me a set of rear 1/4s?

When you are 90% of the way through you can sell it to a yank and there'll be a surprise that'll let them know it was built it up here :D

Last edited:
I’m sure the class will be brought back down at some point:flipoff2:.
YsdcWM373b431EYe8

Challenge-accepted.jpg

Last edited:
You definitely should add a maple leaf... you need to sign your work somehow.

Do you think I could press dimples into my tub? It'd make my tub more rigid and authentic looking ;)

While you're bending metal can you make me a set of rear 1/4s?

When you are 90% of the way through you can sell it to a yank and there'll be a surprise that'll let them know it was built it up here :D

No.

Very cool!

Awesome to see a project starting again! Super jealous ... here in the land of meatballs and Allen key furniture I'm dying to start some sort of project...

And one corner halfway there. I have some heavy ass aluminum checkerplate corners I can wrap around if these turn out looking like s***, but I figger I'll make an attempt at having them look ok before I resort to that. We'll see.

Heh... I think I know where those corners came from... do they have a semi-round gas cover cut into them?

Should be fun. I'm dead sick of having a shed full of crap. So I figger I'll bolt most of it together into a scabby truck and purge the rest . At the very least it'll make my parts stash more mobile .

Stay away from my doors until I can get the rest of the truck to BC :D

View attachment 1751822Makes me think it'd be fun to cut out a maple leaf to press in.

That'd be awesome... I have a plasma cut maple leaf on my wall here in Sweden...

I’m sure the class will be brought back down at some point:flipoff2:

Haha... shall we bet how long it stays so fancy?

I’d say anything that has been abandoned @seapotato’s place for more than a year is fair game :flipoff2:

Aren't those geared crazy low? ... I've been debating mailing a "valpen" over Volvo valp besiktad | Dalarna ... want to share a container?

Yeah 5.8 or something. Doubt I'd really want them, but it was that or an ikea sectional.

My swedish is rusty, the popup on that page pretty much exhausted it with tak...:lol:

Some of those old euro trucks are just glorified landrovers. You could throw a cruiser in that container instead

Need a power plant for your project? I know this cruiser, it needs to be sacrificed for a greater good.

Maybe calling a 3b a power plant isent correct.
Yeah I was thinking I'd come to vic today or tomorrow to check it out.
I want to get a parts 60 for the lhd swappitude of my 61 as well.

I managed to wrench my neck so badly I couldn't swallow a few days ago so I'm not moving quickly.

Pain is just weakness leaving the body tho right...? :bang:

Ouch that sucks, hope things are getting better. That’s right it’s all in your mind haha. It’s my dads cruiser he’s around all the time these days.

Ouch that sucks, hope things are getting better. That’s right it’s all in your mind haha. It’s my dads cruiser he’s around all the time these days.

Yeah two days of trash movies ibuprofen and hotpads and I'm officially mediocre again...:lol:

Tho I think avoiding the ibuprofen yesterday and switching to beer is what really helped turn the corner. :hillbilly:

It'll be nice having a drivetrain nailed down. Only major components I'll be lacking are a ff rear (which, is really more of a luxury but may as well try to find one) and the box.

May have to start looking into 79 series boxes if the drivetrain pans out without getting too spendy.

May have to start looking into 79 series boxes if the drivetrain pans out without getting too spendy.

I think Barry in Armstrong had a small pile of used boxes from some mine trucks that weren't used. I haven't
talked to him in a while, I could touch base as say hello. Are you looking for 8' or something shorter if available?

I think Barry in Armstrong had a small pile of used boxes from some mine trucks that weren't used. I haven't
talked to him in a while, I could touch base as say hello. Are you looking for 8' or something shorter if available?
I'll be needing shorter. Probably 5-6' but I figgered I'd have to cut a full sized one down to get wheels in the right spot anyways.

Maybe an 8 footer with some dents to cheapen it up? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom