CW 2.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

(and mr @GTSSportCoupe , I tried to pm you but it wouldn't let me? It was about frogs and beer...)

Sorry, I'll turn that back on. Had too many people in the US buying 2LTE's without researching first, then messaging me to ask what they should do. :bang: I've written everything I have to say about that engine in the diesel/70 section, and prefer to people just to use the search function....

Sorry, I'll turn that back on. Had too many people in the US buying 2LTE's without researching first, then messaging me to ask what they should do. :bang: I've written everything I have to say about that engine in the diesel/70 section, and prefer to people just to use the search function....
Jeebus that sounds awful. Just pm me your cell and I'll text you...:lol:

How's the shed coming... Feel bad I wasn't there for framing.

Leave enough room for Andy!
Suuure...convenient flight plans you had there young Lochinvar.

I've seen the pictures of you frolicking in the ocean with all those bikini clad euro hoes while I toil in the sun building a shed. 😭

Don't worry, there'll be lots of room for my parts truck. Right under the wood pile...:flipoff2:

Got the second beam up today, and it's kindof a tall bitch. :lol:

Lifting methods look rather sketchy, but it's not that much weight.
v_8OkbXcni2cQUGrveaTieB6ynVOZfOg4QLLxUWLsru8bsgBYJduzRZFvaj5n25b20pEdCo7ERD-YkdGacFt_qlpj4xtuG_ww7ZtC4CnPS7LY2f-CZjtSNDK9kR2DkrTbkf0fHAgNS90z67VJ625VQc3juvwWm-rSnGRc5FH3JVzGyAggLzIoFNJjoJZ1LBR2Zx9IW8RMBbT_YXOzoIA_mHb4P-aezWCxilN7wFfQgANA75rRi5xNo9Y0-Pn7r-uW7oey8_7Xq9th5pN0Yk_vFD9XheEMSexSgrHQil-zH6MHojUeWcO1e_9puE9EDdQxV8cRjdJg3GvSJQdrxxgHq18U7GFifqQIZAg7iR-xiuD4CkVISsrK120Y4fpQq-N4XXVnE6xu6Urf52GE4RLf9OePHPjhFa2jvVGt9_KJrs-XdeX2vjsEj4fZUV-Y9vmfHLe_7a3MIWwexRQGYWvP4sX_200xRKtURapoZ8Lui_kprrVzChssZFxDd_YOv8XN7n2whA0Faq9X97b78lYi-eawprTJqN0h6g7kB13Pl1RReAivclJrw1okib6kIHD-zRL3kCkF43xlCjS-EdOjCTlPXW3ao8bIyko9A96Bt6x8lE-_aCuNFaM792Y0RrS83-Xstfx_SRkcaamlElHaiCx95txlvs=w834-h625-no

I picked up this little winch from Mr. Cruise Diesel on the weekend, I got it mostly working, cleaned out the gears and greased etc, but not quickly enough to use on this contraption.
ZP3yV75gq_IN44RKoaTzRxzFX0OyySP_9i-mxcnskbIZ6_XiJWaHVgj-Y1LQkaqgjHVPL3xjjnqDvQNq8Xsst1H2vHE_vrQIJOQkZ0Z7NqVr6HdNuQdYgTkwHzB0JiaEbW6GVvUS5glMExbjLX4Q7RP58-U06h8fqenbSxRMV5xjwhdbT967JXn0f-P9yEIjJs7FDr-I9t0sa2wQBbbNy98CK4gFR05jafE9c3LD55TAJsSggJvqTsjBSRHCrF9jxXn8Hm6Cd7zhKjtJtd9awpikN38PVuOD1pGldkbGbe3A44EVmNXAwbvZXqhvD1Tj8V6E97dZ-leczZaZrtzBmsQWnrRTHWMjzJwNanKHcUN2VrgcncEBKCH_NdJ0Ll5LL4btgPRHbhqxLeiXDWpu_NwwI5mJ_DvAroxg8d_itY6yHT8yeAwB35lY_OY9iP6Thlbdo9TXeu8V-cpLLJb8-JoyBaGogm26zNmshymJwsIv0ynoUdNIQY7YZhxVPcdSsKTgOGZQTuzlV-YYDdBrK6NApt0JNpxfVGIyDYTXMwhpIP8dTNDErtJny0op-KAF_d_3dS_e8XPnhMHz31FE7-CGI9zWgr0WyK-lvIH266vHOGJbdWexZez-ifWh_n3iE2tQyY5TapWdoS_KBqWu8tDcYVOBiHc=w834-h625-no

it has a strange brake inside the drum that I haven't been able to get apart yet. It's spinning more freely now, but still wants to bind up in one direction.
Zero info online that I've found. MX6085D near as I can tell. Warn sent me some info so maybe that'll help. It's nice and small so it should work under the deck for these sort of haywire enterprises.

If not, I'll paint it and sell it to a jeep driver. :lol:

Hope you figure out that winch.

Hope you figure out that winch.
I'm sure I'll get it. Warn sent me a fair bit of info, brake looks different than the pics they sent but I think the problem is that it works a bit too well. The motor has to overpower it in reverse, and it locks up a bit too solidly.
Just a question of how to get the thing out.

I think this pic is from the 90's :lol:
hoist.jpg

Gotta admit, I'm pretty impressed with how helpful Warn was when I emailed.

Sent me piles of info on the newer style brakes, and then when I sent pics of the brake and how it looked nothing like what they'd sent, they dredged up a very old manual that looks like it was on microfiche or something...as the millenials read that with the same understanding as cows would a passing train.

Not that millenials read message boards. They're too busy farming likes on media with more pictures and fewer words.

Eventually discovered there was a hidden clip holding the brake assembly in. ****er was practically invisible when it was 8" down a tube.

I have a suspicion this whole shebang was stuffed in backwards...which I'm gonna need more coffee to decide on , because I have a 50/50 shot of getting it back in correctly.

Ok. 20/80. :lol:

SrEm2tvLKSg_An0B9GIrwUaJXNq1zpUnkN3dPLso68JiVcpzYAoX_xl3r5c3uaLJAytsK9_MlOmISXb7MUZpaJZZ9rcyrDybD9HcX6qy1BWZYbW8c57y1H8AiZBwccF3j74kncOrDo7QqzY76nEpbUnbI6jQr6MGrxluZ4Jh_ABiMIyo_xxvxS_xaJZIiHLxAPWVkKYpHQyz6OiKprD-3r0dVZAgAbTRUDjeqWgZd-tWWxlo6xjqUPDZjokb4LPuZlhc_cA0f3lJXa3BN8owOWf7OcfMPvTf9HBM1L4CNgwRcT3WpCNWbo-HeuPBxGvN5ANKVJPR9CBchCdGNCNuu-PaGgHvCyWGJnUE6GU7DhnslXehMMNA340DPhh0vfAJZ6tsZxxS-jloFs0MYWSTSTmUK739cG0SoYuY4Hy_qZiKg9vVAu-VtfNB6GrAAgBa8r3J2qXP9Tjweqwyj6UjEPqxcYplr7dHVABSL0GrSh7W_GFRVPNOgKGuwQfWboov0R6S21XmXGb6H96bsS0eVk0Oa1oNejWeodeRN-TjeduaDBX83zkh2ol2w7Q0PITRZIktrxrLi9FQ7Vq4ZpFFOo9IFnWGYaH4TuhPzMbXopmqgefGYSb7X-AJLHanwznokf_RPrxpvy3Q8RUo-puy3wfoV7mMYcI=w469-h625-no

Z6CStq3qB_ylpiHU35_75ses069zA5E8oxof-j5iE8cPjMnXHLOZAjyAOaFcUm6PoYQ6W0d_YamsSgb_rfMxufF88QDeO8qQCqff4pcYBpwpdSSaepjynMAEiiGfVpmNCWpI94C0iYQMvH-dE42uJWIQkvogs1C3H4suoF-jRTyeY3CNowEha5O3Xpw-zHTVha4TzYiWkfc3aNOkxdFsDOdizJIymbzVlW6wVzTsMRSZihgezUx0yvT-FrmNboLZ7X8eoC-7EN1nGhCTBqTQqcYTgJTBZ_dFzZB1_5o9bG5oplOWIjwJuUxgjNhk9zpfWPFN03bSZI779JmqIZc_oPwEQ90r--ZbbXAKxztrSBrKsxcsrGBjkeP_3bldGj5w-7rOfCSoV7S6SNx-dJRqBuI7Rn4SFf1ATi_JdlBJ2K_Rsp9HNHseMR37YLx00VqMeG1FoNYWYJc5LPxNXELFArF-o22FfQ64Vhss0mR7qFFwjYt_yn8uo1TSncnJVo-UqqOl2lQeO4OB0w76rrgoJQA4xJNB3VSO6ykAXYIKVxnbHWAdCpzzp_tgKlUzK02MMSOGYM5jfL2GTGIEZyMg1lhIIJ-PM44ksQmBpaZDjIYrXMa8mTwNdcByohxgALkH5MhAOuloUqxX7PjWI_TPchnGPGWS1F0=w469-h625-no

Gotta admit, I'm pretty impressed with how helpful Warn was when I emailed.

Sent me piles of info on the newer style brakes, and then when I sent pics of the brake and how it looked nothing like what they'd sent, they dredged up a very old manual that looks like it was on microfiche or something...as the millenials read that with the same understanding as cows would a passing train.

Not that millenials read message boards. They're too busy farming likes on media with more pictures and fewer words.

Eventually discovered there was a hidden clip holding the brake assembly in. f***er was practically invisible when it was 8" down a tube.

I have a suspicion this whole shebang was stuffed in backwards...which I'm gonna need more coffee to decide on , because I have a 50/50 shot of getting it back in correctly.

Ok. 20/80. :lol:

SrEm2tvLKSg_An0B9GIrwUaJXNq1zpUnkN3dPLso68JiVcpzYAoX_xl3r5c3uaLJAytsK9_MlOmISXb7MUZpaJZZ9rcyrDybD9HcX6qy1BWZYbW8c57y1H8AiZBwccF3j74kncOrDo7QqzY76nEpbUnbI6jQr6MGrxluZ4Jh_ABiMIyo_xxvxS_xaJZIiHLxAPWVkKYpHQyz6OiKprD-3r0dVZAgAbTRUDjeqWgZd-tWWxlo6xjqUPDZjokb4LPuZlhc_cA0f3lJXa3BN8owOWf7OcfMPvTf9HBM1L4CNgwRcT3WpCNWbo-HeuPBxGvN5ANKVJPR9CBchCdGNCNuu-PaGgHvCyWGJnUE6GU7DhnslXehMMNA340DPhh0vfAJZ6tsZxxS-jloFs0MYWSTSTmUK739cG0SoYuY4Hy_qZiKg9vVAu-VtfNB6GrAAgBa8r3J2qXP9Tjweqwyj6UjEPqxcYplr7dHVABSL0GrSh7W_GFRVPNOgKGuwQfWboov0R6S21XmXGb6H96bsS0eVk0Oa1oNejWeodeRN-TjeduaDBX83zkh2ol2w7Q0PITRZIktrxrLi9FQ7Vq4ZpFFOo9IFnWGYaH4TuhPzMbXopmqgefGYSb7X-AJLHanwznokf_RPrxpvy3Q8RUo-puy3wfoV7mMYcI=w469-h625-no

Z6CStq3qB_ylpiHU35_75ses069zA5E8oxof-j5iE8cPjMnXHLOZAjyAOaFcUm6PoYQ6W0d_YamsSgb_rfMxufF88QDeO8qQCqff4pcYBpwpdSSaepjynMAEiiGfVpmNCWpI94C0iYQMvH-dE42uJWIQkvogs1C3H4suoF-jRTyeY3CNowEha5O3Xpw-zHTVha4TzYiWkfc3aNOkxdFsDOdizJIymbzVlW6wVzTsMRSZihgezUx0yvT-FrmNboLZ7X8eoC-7EN1nGhCTBqTQqcYTgJTBZ_dFzZB1_5o9bG5oplOWIjwJuUxgjNhk9zpfWPFN03bSZI779JmqIZc_oPwEQ90r--ZbbXAKxztrSBrKsxcsrGBjkeP_3bldGj5w-7rOfCSoV7S6SNx-dJRqBuI7Rn4SFf1ATi_JdlBJ2K_Rsp9HNHseMR37YLx00VqMeG1FoNYWYJc5LPxNXELFArF-o22FfQ64Vhss0mR7qFFwjYt_yn8uo1TSncnJVo-UqqOl2lQeO4OB0w76rrgoJQA4xJNB3VSO6ykAXYIKVxnbHWAdCpzzp_tgKlUzK02MMSOGYM5jfL2GTGIEZyMg1lhIIJ-PM44ksQmBpaZDjIYrXMa8mTwNdcByohxgALkH5MhAOuloUqxX7PjWI_TPchnGPGWS1F0=w469-h625-no

Nice to know Warn has been so helpful. That gives me a whole new respect for that company. A few months ago I bought a used Warn 9.5XP that was partially disassembled but in generally good condition off used vic. It's a bit of an older version of that winch and does not perfectly match the manual I managed to download. It's nice to know that if I get stuck while restoring it I can turn to Warn for info. It'll be replacing my surprisingly reliable and capable chinese costco 'champion' winch.

Your comments on millenials have me laughing hysterically. I work at UVic and have to deal with them nearly every day. I'm going to have to quote you to some of the people here that I work with....

Bahahahaha! Cows n trains.

Nice to know Warn has been so helpful. That gives me a whole new respect for that company. A few months ago I bought a used Warn 9.5XP that was partially disassembled but in generally good condition off used vic. It's a bit of an older version of that winch and does not perfectly match the manual I managed to download. It's nice to know that if I get stuck while restoring it I can turn to Warn for info. It'll be replacing my surprisingly reliable and capable chinese costco 'champion' winch.

Your comments on millenials have me laughing hysterically. I work at UVic and have to deal with them nearly every day. I'm going to have to quote you to some of the people here that I work with....
Yeah they were really helpful. I was actually kinda shocked...I'm more used to the pfo style responses most companies favour.

I just emailed the main contact email on the warn website too.

I still don't like 8274's tho. :lol:

Having a bit of a winch fest the last couple days. My bench is starting to get confusing. I also took the motor off the Ramsey I have...getting it apart took some doing. A lot of it with steel wedges and hammer.

Aside from being seized and rusty it looks ok. :hillbilly:

I think it'll come back to life...funny tho I took it to one electric motor shop because it needs brush springs, and I could see the guy's thoughts. "What a piece of s***. It'll never work. Stop wasting my time with this garbage you cheap prick"

So I went to another shop where the response was the polar opposite, "bah, doesn't look too bad. I've polished up way worse. Here dig in this box for some brush springs"
So yeah, if it turns out to need brushes I know where I'll be taking it.

So, brake wasn't in backwards, it actually has "roller clutch" bearings inside the cones, so that the shaft can freewheel in one direction, and the other direction activates the brake. One was seized, hence the brake jamming on in both directions.

I had no idea such a thing existed.

Fortunately the people at the bearing shop have sharp beady little eyes to pick that out, or I'd have just got conventional rollers and never understood why the brake didn't work for s*** in either direction...:lol:

This must be getting technical because I distinctly read ‘gonna need more coffee’ when
normally it’s beer. Hmmm, must be doing some serious thinking here. But good luck
with it, I kinda think I should have kept my old M6000 I had.

This must be getting technical because I distinctly read ‘gonna need more coffee’ when
normally it’s beer. Hmmm, must be doing some serious thinking here. But good luck
with it, I kinda think I should have kept my old M6000 I had.

Yeah that brake made my brain hurt. Pretty sure it also made the people at warn's brains hurt.

it's funny, while searching for ANY info online about the mx6085d...your post from several years ago was one of the few hits...but you didn't get into brakes :lol:

I think it'll be good now. Those fancy bearings are in Quebec and being walked here apparently so it'll be a couple weeks. I like the size of it, should easily tuck under the deck for a ****around winch, and not so savagely powerful that it'll make the ass of the truck ingest itself if things jam up.

For the Ramsey...after getting new brush springs, then spending several hours trying to free up brushes inside a frame that looks like it was on the titanic...I remembered I had a s***ty old 8274 in a tote.

Good thing my ass follows me around or I'd forget the ****in' thing :bang:

Anyways, dug it out, and aside from the armature having a different end for the warn vs ramsey, the motor was purt'near identical. Same brand, model number different by one digit. Probably just because of the different keyway.

So I did some mixing and matching of parts and it does that twirly thing now when sparks hit it. :cool:

That winch is the one I wish I’d kept, but I got the 11500 Runva for the rear instead same size,
same cost with synthetic rope. It still works well or I’d be banging my head against a wall too.
But I didn’t have to do anything to it, powered it up and away it went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom