CW 2.0 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haha, yeah I always sorta knew I had one more build from scratch in me, so I didn't want to get rid of s*** that'd be useful.

My last move 4+ years ago was a fawking nightmare because of it...:lol:

I'm starting to plot ways I can get out of the rhd 60 series thing, and that will clear up a ton of space in my shed. 2 sets of 60 doors take up some room. I don't know if I'd rather find a gas 80 to put my 12ht into, or just say ****it sell it and get something completely different.

A Canadian 70 would seriously tempt me. Just had the inkling the other morning that I'm getting kinda tired of the 60. not going to rush into it. Certainly not right before winter where there's a good chance I'll need the thing to get to work.

Anyways.
I didn't accomplish a ton on this last batch of time off. The Bradford gin ( Djinn) ruined me for a couple days. Sweet jeebus.

With the bumps, I actually wouldn't mind doing airbags on this thing, but for starters I'll go with simple, abuse it for a summer and see what needs to change.

I didn't get a pic, but I did manage to get the other side drilled and assembled, and the forstner bit worked 1000% better. Removed material rather than just pushing it out of the way like a twist drill, so the toggle just slide in. Should be good.

Also scored a set of 35's for the kingly sum of a hundred bucks. 2 in really good shape, two kinda worn down, but should last a summer, and if nothing else they'll be good for some test fitting.

I want to really crank the suspension around and see how much clearance to the bottom of the deck I have. It might actually look better if I raise it an inch or so, then I could lower the wood rack a bit and @Rigpig could unbunch his panties a smidge. :flipoff2:

I'm starting to plot ways I can get out of the rhd 60 series thing, and that will clear up a ton of space in my shed. 2 sets of 60 doors take up some room. I don't know if I'd rather find a gas 80 to put my 12ht into, or just say f***it sell it and get something completely different.

Sell eh, lets talk :steer:

Sell eh, lets talk :steer:

Do tell...are you in need of a cruiser for some reason?

Not in any rush here. Doubt I'll do anything until after winter and the mighty rhubarb is a viable form of transportation.

Just been 5 years of driving on the wrong side which I've never really liked.

I even briefly contemplated becoming one of the faceless horde driving vanilla in pickup form, but when every Tacoma ad mentions whether it has or hasn't had it's frame replaced, it doesn't seem worth it. Doubt I'd like it, might be good for swmbo, because her CRV is getting up there.

Some form of vw diesel as a daily would probably make the most sense, but they're such a pain in the ass when they start aging.

Hence me still driving the 61 to work even though it's kindof a waste. Haven't really found anything I'd rather drive.

A Cdn 70 series you say? You've had one of those, haven't you? This build thread is called CW 2.0 because you had a CW before and this is round 2.

I drove past ol' Moutard today on the way for a dirtbike ride, perhaps buy that back?! :idea:

Your Cruiser addiction is cyclical and I suspect Toyota needs to make a couple more models to keep you busy. lol
Tacoma frames are indeed crap and I can't believe Mr. T hasn't figured it out... it's only been 25 years of making crap frames. Now that everyone and their dog gets a lawyer they have to recall them, unlike the 80's where people were left to glue them back together however they could.

Now I must head out to the garage and spray another can of rustproofing spray under my truck. :confused:

A Cdn 70 series you say? You've had one of those, haven't you? This build thread is called CW 2.0 because you had a CW before and this is round 2.

I drove past ol' Moutard today on the way for a dirtbike ride, perhaps buy that back?! :idea:

Your Cruiser addiction is cyclical and I suspect Toyota needs to make a couple more models to keep you busy. lol
Tacoma frames are indeed crap and I can't believe Mr. T hasn't figured it out... it's only been 25 years of making crap frames. Now that everyone and their dog gets a lawyer they have to recall them, unlike the 80's where people were left to glue them back together however they could.

Now I must head out to the garage and spray another can of rustproofing spray under my truck. :confused:

Dude you're gonna get Graham the capo of the 70 series mafia coming down on you if you keep confusing 70 series for 40 series. :flipoff2:

This is just me musing on what to use as a dd cruiser if I'm tiring of the 61. I'll probably keep driving the 61 until something leaps out at me that I'd rather drive. I say Canadian 70 series because they're reasonably civilized and LHD...and still a cruiser.

Same tiresome rust issues, but that's the trouble. Green truck aka CW2.0/Rhubarb is mostly a toy, seeing as I have garage space to have that sort of thing now.

Last edited:
well planning on selling mine, dont need anything like that anymore, spend more time commuting and driving logging roads from time to time, not much SOA required wheeling...

well planning on selling mine, dont need anything like that anymore, spend more time commuting and driving logging roads from time to time, not much SOA required wheeling...
Swap out the axles. Take a day. Cost you the price of u bolts? Of course, probably have a bit of tire rub.
Might have to deal with that...

Swap out the axles. Take a day. Cost you the price of u bolts? Of course, probably have a bit of tire rub.
Might have to deal with that...
sick of working on it, need something closer to stock. boat is enough project for me

Dude you're gonna get Graham the capo of the 70 series mafia coming down on you if you keep confusing 70 series for 40 series. :flipoff2:

This is just me musing on what to use as a dd cruiser if I'm tiring of the 61. I'll probably keep driving the 61 until something leaps out at me that I'd rather drive. I say Canadian 70 series because they're reasonably civilized and LHD...and still a cruiser.

Same tiresome rust issues, but that's the trouble. Green truck aka CW2.0/Rhubarb is mostly a toy, seeing as I have garage space to have that sort of thing now.

Confusion? Didn't you have a black 70 series before the 80 series couch? I suppose I could be mistaken but its also entirely plausible that you've forgotten also. :flipoff2:

I wouldn't want to upset the Mafioso.

Confusion? Didn't you have a black 70 series before the 80 series couch? I suppose I could be mistaken but its also entirely plausible that you've forgotten also. :flipoff2:

I wouldn't want to upset the Mafioso.
I did yeah...or dark blue anyways, it falls now squarely into the "only truck I shouldn't have sold" category. Despite the fact that it was at that rust tipping point where s***loads of work were needed.

Shoulda just pushed it into the garage and waited a few months, but I got that 80 thinking it'd be awesome to be that comfortable, couldn't really afford to keep both, and then after two months was bored to death with it, sold it before it cost me any more fawking money. :meh:

At which point I drove a s***ty vw diesel for a couple years in quiet shame. :lol:

As I said tho, this musing is about a DD cruiser, same debate Lachlan is having apparently.

My commute is way too long for a 40 series except on occasional nice days in the summer. 61 is ok, I don't hate it, but I don't really want to drive a RHD anymore. Getting to be time for a change.

And **** mootard...never liked that truck. Not sure why. :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Also sortof amuses me the amount of grief I get for changing vehicles...had the original cw for 10+ years, my 70 for 6years and now this 61 for 5 years, yet I apparently change cruisers a lot...colin passed me in like 3 weeks. :lol:

Would you keep the 61 if it was lhd?
Yeah the conversion is a possibility. I have the parts more or less.

I'll probably keep it regardless, unless something leaps out at me. I've never been a 60 guy but when I browse newer vehicles nothing appeals to me, so whatcha gonna do.

I hear you. Looking at a daily as I sold my dodge. Lhd conversion may be a good idea. Most new stuff is shight

Isn’t there a 70 for sale by one of our guys in Victoria somewhere?

Yeah the conversion is a possibility. I have the parts more or less.

I'll probably keep it regardless, unless something leaps out at me. I've never been a 60 guy but when I browse newer vehicles nothing appeals to me, so whatcha gonna do.
Just do the conversion, you got nothing else to do.......🤣

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

Yeeeeaahh, I think I might raise the deck a little. :hillbilly:
FWcWxif26T_gUld1D-LWB88eQFjZIc5R67HAo0JGvuY4VE9G2Urxs8bObG2wQuM4Cma5VZkd2kif50r8XoX7XRSdWZWCj3VSiPqKHziHGnZSlzdzvO8cSKJu5am3P14kAPohh-ekS76-Xu_ZVvaxQRfY8CeJXlP03X8i78yT7w81-SGCSdGX8jSF9ikeYGY967Mth7iHWwEAQu9K5rkvx5kfbkBwQAoNw-H-TpIptohxxiJ1aATgKlf0UC1qZm1jD9oEZ1zeKKPnLonS5PI4llyqvbeJB_XNEDh52G-oI8rREebF4Vz3eJm-p9W3mVJ-jmae7LrCiL6AD5S8vli5J-yhbr04e9FtXMLYcgL54UsmI1YpZ618G8xM6KHWctQ5RMYW0ZWgx2MWv0fuoV9XpaYeWcmP_gNOTAqZC5-DuN2hzc_lwfq9lh82_aWO_f3cBRgZgtXt-BBfC2bVdbMjZrA4wSe4lAg7OKjkfyzdc3A2eUfvGWdwATsqixId3zawXbuzflLKDKgoiiPS9mnr_Z2hd4FYlWJyKhFaSt24PClrJIIkA-cE8wMzFuhcRHwD5VWBfSnqJLCy0oeCJo22ByxKfe2h7_Ulx2XlyIHe0Hz8lCQP2JXw3cB6ORiH0cet37DJPkLuGvAwdzuYn0ubqUmF6ea1fw6loqZcn7j6DAG561RucgJiSBY=w834-h625-no

I didn't think 35" bfg's would actually measure out much bigger than 285's cranked onto skinny ass rims, but it looks like they will. I'm sure they'll fatten up once they're on the rims tho. They were so freaking cheap I pretty much had to.
should finish off the clutch, and who needs a 5th gear anyways. :lol:

Decided to knock a front driveshaft together.

I have it straight now, the trick will be keeping it that way when zapping it together, but I had to drive it onto the ujoint so it's pretty tight, doubt it'll move if I don't go ape**** on one side. .

I should probably do a test fit on length before welding the s*** out of it...cuz I never **** that sort of thing up...:beer:

lWJyPoU0jjM_Njn5Sqw02kYo1iAS1J9PwZxdg_xXp7Z89BjamGyTwi4iHa_4o8qlvNCpBEmA8wS2w9kw5Fkaycclkb6jq1GWMF14O3pkR9h35HBCiS7OFwXpPDgi67PfkdGyygDZrmQ3BtXw7UcFdLP8WN3G1C6_ac_afrZp0kJVrsaPdynAkVqq2Fs_ZYDouFZEm7A0C169bp3gJ-EYU5zjI1cinZM5NTV0fVpM2H-kmb5YdL-x9kp5W54nzpujVcTIM53N2Swxs2RRItKQPQYVzApr1c4_ajGTVgT5AzhA8C-XkxxH84EqPKPQgWhKVdB-IPEmSIwOdu4XwfcTvelPArPpz9sXqCk3Gu46jte3XQ1jz8ALm99VYIeOBGKZEG5ELarfaiODrKBWLEJjgNdiJQx03kNqZkxd_Ctoi7M5Vo1ympoWChUO2OVYW4ABUYsyzxai5wVTIAC9X7Y3cAauCmUAjekZq7dZVA02OQ4lsemTlV7s1d9gmr0U8TGa7Eb3VLwayotuy2VpiMkvjU0k8h-I5hinuHYgk61ZOntPw6Nwkgrs3ok4APiTM3Ef4hhIIcZ_B3YNVow_5gxDwW50-ubYcosA7G1rVBS43I9poyz6RKidBiN37Pt8hm_IWvWL0GBgcBtKxVKITrB4T9PTw7DcWXj7iEAUzkhKm9SEPnHIXSU7bnE=w469-h625-no

Whenever I post a picture of the ghetto lathe, I can hear @Rigpig shaking his head. :flipoff2:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom