Cummins 6BT Powered FJ60

NMC_EXP

I was at Classic Cruisers in Salida yesterday. Micah was putting the finishing touches on an FJ60 6BT Cummins conversion. I got to ride along during a short road test.

All I can say is WOW.

Acceleration G-forces pinning me into the seat is something new in a Cruiser.

Micah just got back from a Moab trip in his 6BT powered 80 series. He said "it was like having an assualt rifle at a pillow fight."

Now I can see why.

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
SILVER Star
Too bad it requires a Spring Over otherwise I have a feeling we would see more of them. I remember last Thanksgiving I was with my family in CA Christmas Tree Hunting and talking with one of the guys on the farm that we were getting our tree from he said that he was doing a 6BT swap into an old dodge farm truck of his. Said he went to the local wrecker in Rancho Cordova and they only wanted something like $1500 for a 6BT with like 60k on it...

That is my Cruiser! You are killing me because I can't make the trip to get it due to my daughter's knee injury. Please more details.

NMC_EXP

It is a bit up in the air with the SOA.

It fired right up, idled smooth and accelerated like I remember muscle cars from the 70s did. It was a short hop on pavement but I had a big grin and was giggling all during the ride. And it takes a lot to make me smile.

The engine bay looks like it came from the factory with the Cummins.

Cab noise is higher than with the gasser but that is no surprise.

I've been drooling on your rig ever since they started on it - sorry about that. Maybe they will wash it before you pick it up.

I predict that you will be a very happy man.

Jim

HemiAlex

TLCA #24987
SILVER Star
You could always just make the oil pan smaller. Those things won't mind a few qts missing.

Top Bottom