CSC Tucson November 4th Trail Run - Chimney Rock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just want you all to know that it's all your fault. Since I went on this run, I have spent over $2,500 on upgrades to the 40. Thanks for the impetus...
It never ends, but the rig does get sweeter!

What did you get /planning to do?

New rear bumper/tire carrier/hi lift jack, etc.
new hard half doors
45mm wheel studs (stock are 36mm) to compensate for my disc brake conversion
going to mount the stock mirrors (76-84) on the new doors

bucket seats will be a project for next summer.
I purchased a 4spd transmission earlier this Fall, but that is a next summer project also

Face Rock?

We have always called it Indian Head, but I guess it all depends on what side of the PC crowd one lands on.:D

Indian Head.jpg

I had good intentions of coming in from the east end to meet you guys head on, but the proverbial monkey wrench struck again. Sorry I missed.

Still getting used to Piestewa Peak instead of Squaw Peak.

I figure once the next Coconino National Forest regular map is updated it will show the Kachina Peaks instead of the San Francisco Peaks. Travel map already does. That really makes no sense since the other changes were because the name was offensive to Indians. Which if you think about why don't they complain about being called Indians, they are not from India?

I figure once the next Coconino National Forest regular map is updated it will show the Kachina Peaks instead of the San Francisco Peaks. Travel map already does. That really makes no sense since the other changes were because the name was offensive to Indians. Which if you think about why don't they complain about being called Indians, they are not from India?
I think they do complain about being called Indian. The appropriate term is indigenous people. I know of people on this forum who get mad when I call their HAM Radio a CB...

Last edited:
I know of people on this forum who get mad when I call their HAM Radio a CB...

Agreed, I would give that a pass. On the other hand calling a 40 a Jeep....We are loosing our history folks, everything is being put in that little box that makes everyone feel good. Just a thought from an almost old fart.;)

I know..:worms:

Agreed, I would give that a pass. On the other hand calling a 40 a Jeep....We are loosing our history folks, everything is being put in that little box that makes everyone feel good. Just a thought from an almost old fart.;)

I know..:worms:

Yep, when I had my 40 back in the day, i got that a lot.. told them to look on the grill and fenders.. what does that say??? "Oh I didn't know Toyota made Jeeps!!" ... :bang::bang:

Also sick pictures everyone!

x2 :clap:

Looks like a great trip and wish I could've made it but had prior commitments with a byunch of folks from work. I think the southern part of our state has a lot to offer and look forward to more runs there. Hopefully can make the next one...

I just want you all to know that it's all your fault. Since I went on this run, I have spent over $2,500 on upgrades to the 40. Thanks for the impetus...

Can I ask what you have done for upgrades? sounds fun ~

Can I ask what you have done for upgrades? sounds fun ~
4 Plus rear bumper - already installed. Drilling those 1/2 inch holes was the toughest part of the job.
hard half doors - not installed yet
bucket seats - not installed yet
OEM mirrors (76-84) not installed yet. I will need someone with a later 40 to measure where they are mounted so I know where to drill the new doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom