CSC Random picture thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1997 15th anniversary twin turbo Supra = sweeeeet

PXL_20210520_153741107.jpg

what the ?? gotta give him points on creativity at least ~

PXL_20210528_010431320.jpg
PXL_20210528_010515397.jpg

Last edited:
@Stepmurr any moon pics?
A few fuzzy pix. Heavy clouds ☁️ the morning of the Super Flower Blue Blood Moon so it was kinda disappointing.

I haven’t gone through the camera pix yet. The above photos were from my cell phone and took literally hours to upload due to the very weak cell service on the North Rim. It took about a dozen retries per picture before they would upload to ‘mud.

I’ll create a new thread 🧵 when I get a chance with more pix.

Spotted on Balboa Island, CA. Love the faded paint and touch of patina.

09BB922F-F98A-4478-B2F8-E6B8631F4007.jpeg

DDC3DB7F-DFED-4D1C-9D45-1EB2FA6B39C4.jpeg

A4598C93-14A3-41FA-A3DE-48DD9F705B8A.jpeg

Spotted on Balboa Island, CA. Love the faded paint and touch of patina.

View attachment 2693826

View attachment 2693827

View attachment 2693828

Went thru a painted things white on my 68 back in the eighties. Always kept my bezel with the large section on top. Poorly repaired rear sill. All and all a pretty nice 69. I do find the Montana plate interesting. While California only requires emissions 76 and newer bringing an older from another state still need any emission to get a California title. Believe Montana is one of those state all that is needed is a PO box to register a vehicle. People use it to register diesels which almost impossible to register there. Possible this may be the case for this 69?

Went thru a painted things white on my 68 back in the eighties. Always kept my bezel with the large section on top. Poorly repaired rear sill. All and all a pretty nice 69. I do find the Montana plate interesting. While California only requires emissions 76 and newer bringing an older from another state still need any emission to get a California title. Believe Montana is one of those state all that is needed is a PO box to register a vehicle. People use it to register diesels which almost impossible to register there. Possible this may be the case for this 69?
Saw a college age surfer scooting around in it earlier. Maybe he’s back from college break? Either way, a lucky guy.

There is no smog inspection for vehicles 1975 and older, even those coming from out of state.

There is no smog inspection for vehicles 1975 and older, even those coming from out of state.

It's seems to be the original inspection to get the title and registration that seems to be the issue. Thread in 40 section about a guy working on getting titles for a couple early seventies 40s. Issue is they don't have the original emissions tags.
Guess it needs to have these.
IMG_20181111_115657303.jpg

While my 10/69 doesn't have a tag someone in the thread posted a metal emissions plaque for a 70. Think you try and bring in a 75 or earlier FJ40 with a V8 you might have not be able to register it. I wouldn't think that would be the case with a 69 but Montana seems to be one of a few states used when you run into California restrictions.

The person who started the thread in the 40 plans a ton of mods including an engine transplant. He just needs the California title and registration before he starts. After that any goes. Now AZ we go back to 1967. Early ones are tested annually. That is unless your not in the Phoenix or Tucson area.

Saw a college age surfer scooting around in it earlier. Maybe he’s back from college break? Either way, a lucky guy.

I actually didn't pick the white accents on my 68. I installed a evap cooler on a neighbor's house. In exchange he painted my 68. I picked a chocolate brown. Came back burner rust color. Wheels bumper/Bumperettes, license plate brackets and a few other things were white. Since I didn't paid for it I didn't complain. It had 73 beige top and 79 doors in a slightly different beige. Another close beige where I added vent window in the hard top. Rest was the original Capri blue.

I have a OCD issue and the rear sill is really my only issue with this cruiser. Probably ten years ago a mud member wanted some detailed pictures of an original rear sill. Was the first time I really paid attention to how the rear sill is assembled. Because I have a few with intact rust free rear sill I decided I was never going to tackle repairing one. I also understand why and where the rust is worse on the rear sill.

It's seems to be the original inspection to get the title and registration that seems to be the issue. Thread in 40 section about a guy working on getting titles for a couple early seventies 40s. Issue is they don't have the original emissions tags.
Guess it needs to have these.
View attachment 2694176
While my 10/69 doesn't have a tag someone in the thread posted a metal emissions plaque for a 70. Think you try and bring in a 75 or earlier FJ40 with a V8 you might have not be able to register it. I wouldn't think that would be the case with a 69 but Montana seems to be one of a few states used when you run into California restrictions.

The person who started the thread in the 40 plans a ton of mods including an engine transplant. He just needs the California title and registration before he starts. After that any goes. Now AZ we go back to 1967. Early ones are tested annually. That is unless your not in the Phoenix or Tucson area.

They may be dealing with a different issue, but I know most older vehicles in California only need a VIN verification (Highway Patrol, AAA, or independent) and two bills of sale to get a title. I looked through the 40 section but didn't see which thread you were referencing. It would be nice to know whether certain years do require additional labels.

They may be dealing with a different issue, but I know most older vehicles in California only need a VIN verification (Highway Patrol, AAA, or independent) and two bills of sale to get a title. I looked through the 40 section but didn't see which thread you were referencing. It would be nice to know whether certain years do require additional labels.

Thread is on the second page. Title is "Emissions plate for 1970". I have no idea if that is why it has Montana plates just know things are continuing to get harder to register old vehicles in California.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom