CSC Random picture thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I grew up in Oregon in Boring right outside Portland, off the highway headed to Mt Hood. My grandparents had a place in Lincoln City on the coast. I miss the PNW.

I spend most of my Teenage years in Oregon. Not sure if it was timing or what but moved to Flagstaff right out of high school. Within a year my folks moved to LA and I stayed in Flagstaff. Other than the amount of water I perfer the four seasons of N. AZ to OR. 2002 was the last time I was there. Picked up a cruiser I bought off eBay in the small town of Beaver on the coast. Had a bother in-law who lived in Beaverton. He knew of a way over the coastal range heading out from Carlton. Big part was gravel and dirt. On the west side of the mountain went by a state campground. The site were small cutouts in the blackberry bushes. Seems if it wasn't blackberries it was ferns that would be wet up to your knees. Probably didn't hurt within a few years of moving to AZ I was driving a Land Cruiser. This was when there very few restrictions in the forest.

I spend most of my Teenage years in Oregon. Not sure if it was timing or what but moved to Flagstaff right out of high school. Within a year my folks moved to LA and I stayed in Flagstaff. Other than the amount of water I prefer the four seasons of N. AZ to OR. 2002 was the last time I was there. Picked up a cruiser I bought off eBay in the small town of Beaver on the coast. Had a brother-in-law who lived in Beaverton. He knew of a way over the coastal range heading out from Carlton. A big part was gravel and dirt. On the west side of the mountain went by a state campground. The site was small cutouts in the blackberry bushes. Seems if it wasn't blackberries it was ferns that would be wet up to your knees. Probably didn't hurt within a few years of moving to AZ I was driving a Land Cruiser. This was when there very few restrictions in the forest.

What a small world. What part of Oregon?

The Navy took me to Bremerton just east of downtown Seattle. The wife and I loved it there, we were just a few short minutes from any little day excursion. The forest service roads were always nice, a few time we would stumble upon wild animals (bear, deer, link, bigfoot, etc).

Part of me wants to go back but it is expensive and Oregon and Washington are #s***holes depending on your political affiliation. PLEASE,NO POLITICAL FIGHTING!!!

What a small world. What part of Oregon?

PLEASE,NO POLITICAL FIGHTING!!!

Lived in Lake Oswego and Beaverton both suburbs of Portland. Also in Albany bewttem Portland and Salem on I-5. This was a long time ago. Left there in 71. Would have to sell both homes in AZ to afford OR. Been out of work for six years doesn't help.

I didn't get on a LC site to talk politics. Always seem when every I do who ever I talk to think I'm on the opposite side. I do have big problem with both sides thinking theirs is the only way. Really don't think this is not what the founding fathers had in mind.

I know where all 3 of those cities are. I do not miss driving down the 5 and the smell of the paper mill which has since closed down.

I know where all 3 of those cities are. I do not miss driving down the 5 and the smell of the paper mill which has since closed down.

Wind was almost always from the West and couldn't smell the paper mill just north of Albany. We lived on the north side of the Willamette river. So in Benton county. At that time there was just a single bridge and could be long delays when the bridge opened. Believe the new bridge is taller and probably replaced the old one by now.

What a small world.
The Navy took me to Bremerton
What a ko-winki-dink! The Navy let me live on a houseboat in Bremerton for around 9 months. Bestest summer I ever had :bounce:- followed by a little rain during the winter :(

Pretty random I'd say. Didn't think this existed anymore. Guadalupe/101

20190605_193847.jpg

So much in AZ to see. If you have ever stopped at Sunset point rest area the pictured waterfall is just over the edge. Lives here most of my life and just found it about 35miles from home.

Wow, if you played "I spy something white" in the first photo....

Saw this when the wife and I were buying our Highlander

So where are you now Steve? Plate looks like Pennsylvania and area code 766 is New York. Doesn't look like nice blue skies like out west.

Oregon license plates followed by Colorado :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom