CSC Random picture thread (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sad times in Norte AZ tonight.
IMG_20190721_191543626_HDR.jpg

Talking to my brother, sounds like they made some good progress on the fire last night with burn out ops.

Sad times in Norte AZ tonight.View attachment 2036088

So Eric did you ever bike up in Dry Lake Hills. Was one of my favorite spots to take the dogs back in the late seventies early eighties until they closed it to motorized vehicles. Was a hidden secret just out of town. Had a great view of Flagstaff from the upper meadow. Sad to see it burned. Think is was a thread of bad in the day in the 40/55 section that one of the photos i posted was from there cutting firewood.

So Eric did you ever bike up in Dry Lake Hills?
All the time, John. Biking and hiking gets me up in this area weekly for 6-8 months a year. Between the well-intentioned thinning efforts, and now the fire, that area I love is gone for this lifetime. There are huuuuge stacks of logs from the thinning efforts: 100m long, stacked 30-40 logs high that have gone up in flames before they could be hauled off. I could see some of the flames from my neighborhood.

All the time, John. Biking and hiking gets me up in this area weekly for 6-8 months a year. Between the well-intentioned thinning efforts, and now the fire, that area I love is gone for this lifetime. There are huuuuge stacks of logs from the thinning efforts: 100m long, stacked 30-40 logs high that have gone up in flames before they could be hauled off. I could see some of the flames from my neighborhood.

I lived in Flagstaff when Elden burned. Had a house on the west side of Cider Hill. Not sure if the ice skating ring is still there but was just three houses away from that. Even on that side we got quite the view at night of that fire. Can't imagine what it was like for the Schulz Fire. The view of the Peaks from Doney Park will take hundreds of years to be pre fire. Even Elden looks bad. All these we're man caused fires.

I'd be a little nervous driving around that place in one of those Kawasaki golf carts. :hmm:

I'd be a little nervous driving around that place in one of those Kawasaki golf carts. :hmm:
Well, they do have those little orange flag poles on the rear bumpers . . . :steer:

Seriously though - I have had many near misses with the large equipment running amok around the plant. One night I was driving behind a large loader (Cat 988G) and the operator decided to make a u-turn. He didn't know I was following him and when he turned the bucket missed me by a foot or so. Would have been a real bad evening if God wasn't watching over me :skull:

Photo from cat988 photos - Instagram Photos & Videos showing the size difference between a big Cat & a pickup

1564204508736.png

This one I call the Mission Monster.:wideyed:
Cat2.JPG
Cat.JPG

67334611_2442862675947439_1523886862278590464_n.jpg

Saw someone post this on Facebook saying that they've been a certified master technician for Chevy for 35 years and agree with this list :cool:

I think CR is a little too conservative, all the ones we own are way over that... Lol.

Possibly the best image this crappy cell phone camera has ever taken...... :hmm:
MM Man.JPG

Mucinex Man Commits Suicide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom