Cruisers in Recent Media (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GarnerFJ40

2020-2022 ONSC President
Threads
I know a thread like this exists somewhere in our club forum, but couldn't find it. Three recent entries:

The 40 Series in the Claritin commercial featuring Jeff Corwin
The 60 Series in a Verizon commerical
And if you don't watch Grimm, the lead character drives a nice 62 with an ARB bumper...

The 60 series is great in the vz commercial. They picked a 25 year old truck for a nationwide commercial. That is classic.

"That is classic"

"Suckers must have paid a fortune in gas driving across the country"

...my thoughts exactly!

Clover :D

Three BAs in this picture

Jason-Statham-Robert-De-Niro-Killer-Elite.jpg

Recent in Media.
The Misses was watching the Kardashians the other night and saw the same scene twice with a red maybe 81/82 FJ40.
Don't even ask why she was watching it, but the 40 was in it.
So for all you that haven't caught the DNA episode, and it is still on your DVR, sit through it a catch the scene ;).

A new Firestone commercial has an fj62 loaded with a canoe leading a pack of misc other vehicles.

BBC is re-running the Top Gear Bolivia Special featuring a 40..Dont watch the last five minutes..its heartbreaking.

BBC is re-running the Top Gear Bolivia Special featuring a 40..Dont watch the last five minutes..its heartbreaking.

I still to this day think they did it on purpose. If you watch carefully Hammond is struggling with something while the camera pans away. As if he is reaching in and pulling the brake. Anyways, immediately after that it slowly rolls away...I think it was the safest option honestly. It had seen its better days for sure. I would never take that 40 down that steep hill. Too tall, no short, top heavy, front wheel drive. Anyways, rant over lol

I agree, they did it on purpose. With the rear end disconnected no one with any sense would attempt a hill like that. On the bright side, a couple new axles and I bet that 40 was good to go again.

It was on purpose.... I have family that works in the in the BBC broadcasting department that works with Top Gear. The show is can be about 50% staged and 50% real.... and it gets more staged all the time. In the earlier seasons it was more... we will see what will happen but as it got more popular they were pressed to keep it interesting and upbeat so it became more staged. This is usually only dealing with the bigger events... the show long parts such as the bolivia special, africa special.... etc... A fact they actually make fun of on the episode where they won an emmy for the best "unscripted" show.

The toyota sequoia on the "death road" was actually one of the camera crew vehicles.

All the dialog is ad libbed though. :grinpimp:

Still one of my most favorite shows.

Talk to Mark from Metal Tech about that episode he was one of the ones flown down to fix up the 40. In fact you can see a metal tech sticker on the metal tech roll cage in the 40.

As far as I know the 40 and Rover are in La Paz. The dutch couple that are traveling the world in the HJ47 stumbled on them a year after the show aired.

watching the rundown (starring the Rock) a red40 drives him in to town the first time...if I recall correctly, they dump it down a cliff.

Not a cruiser but there is a bad ass built up nissan patrol in the newest ghost rider.... which at one point turns into a badass ford maverick... which is just a rebadged patrol.

fj55 in The Lost Boys but that's not recent

It would take a keen eye, but I'm sure somebody must have spotted the TV debut of my all-green/black 40 on 9/3/12. I was making loops around downtown CLT the first morning of the DNC as close to the secure zone as I could get. TONS of cameras and reporters were shooting all over the city. I know I drove through more than a few shots. Tried to go slow so the V8 didn't drown out the reporters! I used the 40 as my daily driver all week while checking in on my guys working the downtown events specifically for the possibility of being caught on tape. Well, that and I love to drive it.

--john

There is a 40 and at least two different fj55s in the movie 'Killer Elite'. Watching now.

EDIT: Also a white HJ60!

Last edited:
There is a 40 and at least two different fj55s in the movie 'Killer Elite'. Watching now.

EDIT: Also a white HJ60!

Post number 6 bud

55 in The Mist but also not super recent

Nice....Q'ed up on Netflix. lol

If you like the movie, which you most likely wont, read the book 1 million times better, if you don't like the movie read the book.

Problem with the movie is that if you didn't read the book there can be times in it where you have no friggen idea what is going on. The movie really needed to be 3 hours to just encompass half of the book in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom