Cruisers & Coffee - Denver BassPro Apr 8th (1 Viewer)

Will you be there?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For everyone in the Denver area on Apr 8th, come up/down/over to BassPro around 10 AM for a meet & greet of other Mudders. We'll meet in the parking lot of BassPro (link below) to share tips & tricks, plan future upgrades, and seek inspiration for things you didn't know you needed.

Saturday Apr. 8th, 10:00 AM MT
BassPro @ Stapleton - 7970 Northfield Blvd, Denver, CO 80238
GPS Pin for suggested parking lot location: Google Maps

Discussion Topics:
Wiring projects
- LEDs
- OBA
- 2nd batteries
- CB/HAMs

General Build
- Suspension
- Armor
- General performance
- doo-dads

Other Topics
- Front range options
- Snowpack impact
- General BS

Note: I'm starting this thread in the 200 section but am perfectly willing to have all other series join in the fun as well!

Assuming the weather will cooperate, we'll be hanging out for a few hours. Feel free to hit the nearby Starbucks, pop into BassPro for some supplies, etc...
While the weather should not get in the way of driving to BassPro, if it is going to be a huge pain for everything else we want to accomplish, I'll update/cancel the event by 10 PM Friday night prior.

4/3 Edit - I'll be bringing coffee and doughnuts for anyone who might yet be undecided. Like Ford's Model T, you can have your coffee any way you like it as long as you like it black. J/K, I'll bring some cream and sugar as well, but for anything more sophisticated, Starbucks will be across the lot and ready to take your order.

Last edited:
The local Toyota/LC 4x4 club Rising Sun is hosting their annual "recovery night" at the monthly meeting a couple days ealier on 4/5 as well. It's a great night to learn about proper winching, hi-lifting, strapping, etc. It will be held at the Jefferson County fairgrounds, and I believe it will be 7:30pm-9pm unless they hold it a little earlier that night to avoid it getting dark too soon. It's extremely insightful and fun, and there's normally quite a large group of Toyota 4x4s including 200s.

Cool, I'll try to swing in. Maybe I'll get the wife to drive the 100.

Thanks for organizing Kevin. I'll be there.

Sounds great, but depending on other obligations I'll try and make it.

Thanks for organizing Kevin. If in town, I'll be there.

Bump - quick reminder about Saturday's meet & greet - hope to see many of you CO Locals at BassPro in Stapleton around 10:00 on the 8th. Coffee and doughnuts provided - bring your rigs and plan to talk shop!

I'll be there. I'm going to leave my new Yakima RTT on top in case anyone wants to see it.

If anyone is looking for an ARB recovery point who will be at the meeting, I just ended up with an extra one. I had placed an order for one months ago, but I sourced one locally not expecting my first order would ever fill. Well the vendor I placed my order with months ago got one in stock and charged me and shipped it to me without checking with me first, so now I have an extra. They said I'll have to pay return shipping and a restocking fee if I don't want it, so I figured it might work out better to just sell at my cost to a local mudder. Here's what it looks like, and I will bring to the meet on Saturday:

ARB-200-Recovery-point-118-Edit-352x332.jpg

If anyone is looking for an ARB recovery point who will be at the meeting, I just ended up with an extra one. I had placed an order for one months ago, but I sourced one locally not expecting my first order would ever fill. Well the vendor I placed my order with months ago got one in stock and charged me and shipped it to me without checking with me first, so now I have an extra. They said I'll have to pay return shipping and a restocking fee if I don't want it, so I figured it might work out better to just sell at my cost to a local mudder. Here's what it looks like, and I will bring to the meet on Saturday:

ARB-200-Recovery-point-118-Edit-352x332.jpg
I'll take it

Dang! I should have been monitoring the forum non-stop so as not to miss this!

Seriously, when I see y'all on Saturday I'll have a few questions about suspension. What, and more importantly when. I am 99% sure that if I do anything it will simply be Nitocharger sports and I would have Slee put them on. The question will be about the lift. I want to pull in with my RTT which works fine room to spare with a stock tire size. Putting the KO2s back on as I type this so that will raise it 0.5". Still should be no problem at all. Just wondering how much lift I'll have with the suspension upgrade and if there is a way to "manage" that (which means keep it small enough to still be able to squeeze in my 8' garage door.) I'll do some measurements before Saturday. Also wondering if I should make the move now (nearly 20K miles) or wait another year and another 20K while letting the stock shocks wear out. Its probably borderline whether I "need" an upgrade. But maybe we all can talk on Saturday.

Not sure you'll be able to fit with a small lift and a RTT on the roof. If your garage is 96" (probably less since the door probably hangs a bit below) and most guys are in the high 70s" stock and a bit over 80" with a mild lift, a James Baroud hard shell is over 13" closed, most soft tents are around 12"-14" closed plus mounting hardware. Just some food for though, these are just rough numbers too.

I have the new Yakima SkyRise. 12". Sits on my Gobi Stealth where the crossbars on which the tent sits add 6" over the top of my LC. My garage door is 8' (I measured the door opening.) Using the specs of a stock 2016 LC and the specs on the tent, I have 4" to spare before putting the KO2s on and doing a lift. I just pulled the truck in with the KO2s and not even close. But, I didn't measure and not sure how much the lift will be if I do one - or if I can limit the lift to only an inch and a half or so. I'll probably just talk to Slee about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom