CruiserCult 40 Series Product offerings (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is this what is used to turn on the interior light above the door in the mid 70's 40's too?
Hi there! Yes I believe this switch was used for the dome/room light as well before 1973. After about 1973 the dome lights in the 40 are controlled on the little dome light itself. What style dome light do you have?
Pre 1973 (photo from this thread @Dusty 66):
P1010482.jpg

Post 1973 (photo from @Racer65 ):
Dome light.jpeg

Bushings and Koito red body reflectors have been restocked on the website. :) Get tighter shifter feel and more visibility for your old rig! The parts are laying against an old SST manual that I brought back from the Netherlands. It will be scanned and up on the website soon so people can utilize it. :cheers:
View attachment 3192688
I purchased some of these for mine from you recently. as at some point sombody replaced the originals with reflectors for a driveway, to witch I replaced those with the same thing haha. so these will be a nice addition.

I purchased some of these for mine from you recently. as at some point sombody replaced the originals with reflectors for a driveway, to witch I replaced those with the same thing haha. so these will be a nice addition.
Thank you! Yeah the reflectors are often replaced by more common domestically produced ones. Going back to the OG Koito ones is going to be nice. :cool: I am looking forward to putting them back on my 40. I need to find the holes though under the body work done by a PO. :doh:

Thank you! Yeah the reflectors are often replaced by more common domestically produced ones. Going back to the OG Koito ones is going to be nice. :cool: I am looking forward to putting them back on my 40. I need to find the holes though under the body work done by a PO. :doh:
Yeah I am stoked to get them. they will look way more authentic. Yeah I was lucky I thought the holes in the driver side back rear of the tub were just some holes that were drilled by the previous owner. I almost welded them up but I found some photos with the early 40s having the reflectors there too. I am assuming thats what the holes are.

They look really good on 45’s too 😝

We had a cruiser owner reach out to us looking for a early style front locker knob. We didn't offer one... so we decided to make a small batch (4 in total)! They turned out great if I don't say so myself. :D We have three left in our store. These knobs are a high quality 3D print, hand sanded, enamel filled symbol, followed by more sanding and then a UV blocking clear coat.
DSC03460.JPG

It seems that rebuild kits for the SD40 carb are hard to find right now! We sourced a few from Japan to help out the few people still running them. hahaha. Its a great kit and will be available on our website soon! Keep those big window carbs going! :steer:

We recently added some fuel related parts to go with our fuel pump rebuild kits. We have OEM fuel line nuts and olives:
DSC03469.JPG

We also have 7 hard to find Japanese SD40 carburetor rebuild kits in stock.
SD40 rebuild kit.jpg

The rebuild kit does not come with a metering rod. Re-use your old one.

The original ignition switches on the early 40 series use screw terminals. One issue with the widely available Toyota alternative (84450-60040) is that it requires you to cut the original terminals off your harness and splice on a new connector. While that is generally fine for some... some prefer not altering the harness if they can help it. I am one of those people. :)
This super cool ignition switch recently came into our lives and it is the perfect replacement alternative to the new Toyota offering. It's still a new Toyota switch (made by Tokai Rika of course) but it has the correct rear screw terminals for the original harnesses! Plug and play. :D

These switches are quite costly for us to import so it cannot compete with 84450-60040 in that realm. We are going to have two available soon.
Early ignition cylinder.jpg

Last edited:
Well crap, I already cut my leads and installed one of the later switches, for not that much less either 😡. Great find, this is true heritage parts program in action!

Well crap, I already cut my leads and installed one of the later switches, for not that much less either 😡. Great find, this is true heritage parts program in action!
I considered that too. Instead I used a chicom switch with screw terminals. Agreed this is a NICE option while it lasts.

I considered that too. Instead I used a chicon switch with screw terminals. Agreed this is a NICE option while it lasts.

i could not sleep at night knowing that i accidently divulged i no longer sported a Palladium Plated TOYOTA MOTOR / TEq Single sided saw-tooth Saber ?

144-100A-2-big.jpg

Last edited:
i could not sleep at night knowing that i accidently divulged i no longer sported a Palladium Plated TOYOTA MOTOR / TEq Single sided saw-tooth Saber ?

View attachment 3281112
Matt, I posted at 11:30 am. How could you have lost sleep last night over my post?

Matt, I posted at 11:30 am. How could you have lost sleep last night over my post?

i work hard all though the night , into the wee hours of the morning to make sure all my PLC's are receiving BLS .....

the thought of you without your trusty
TEq , clipped on your belt loop weighs heavy on me .... :meh:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom