CruiserCult 40 Series Product offerings (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stuffed!
IMG_3680.jpg

BFC47E1F-311A-488D-8298-0E7DEC83E913.jpeg
836917B0-E5D5-49BD-9BAF-5136EACBE988.jpeg

Came up with a slick way to mount accessory switches with out adding a bunch of holes in the dash.

These go in the ash tray location and are made with 6061 aluminum and are two sided. One has a light laser etching with our classic logo, and the other side is blank. We left these raw so the end user can finish however they like.

Modeled this switch plate to either take OEM style switches if you want to keep a more period correct look or more modern Contura 2 switches.

The design shares the same outline as the OEM ashtray as a nice nod to the original style.

19A197B6-6EEB-4A85-94CF-A823350DA742.jpeg

B4DC924F-9F31-4FCA-ABFC-59B1F2EA4EC4.jpeg

Digging the sanded finish

IMG_7038.jpg

So happy our restock of the 69-79 fuel pump rebuild kits finally arrived from Japan! Keep your OG fuel pumps working longer with a fresh rebuild. The rebuild process is actually pretty straight forward with only a JIS Phillips screwdriver needed once the pump is off the engine. Ok, well maybe a little scraper if you need to get the little paper gaskets off the pump housing when you replace the valves. ;)
IMG_7096.jpg

Rubber spacer too. Doesn’t seem like much of a part, it’s more than just a rubber washer, but if not a good substitute (the SOR one is not a good substitute) the horn is hard to engage handily or readily engages unintentionally esp. on rough gravel roads 😂.

We can certainly look into that. Is the need mainly for the metal ring, or ring and spring and pin?
Brush and contact plate as a unit and secondly, the rubber spacer (isolator). The contact spring is less easy to get lost but can be troublesome if rusty to provide a good earth. While at it, you might as well make the ring contactand isolator. Ideally offer each part individually or as a whole kit.

Brush and contact plate as a unit and secondly, the rubber spacer (isolator). The contact spring is less easy to get lost but can be troublesome if rusty to provide a good earth. While at it, you might as well make the ring contactand isolator. Ideally offer each part individually or as a whole kit.
Rubber spacer too. Doesn’t seem like much of a part, it’s more than just a rubber washer, but if not a good substitute (the SOR one is not a good substitute) the horn is hard to engage handily or readily engages unintentionally esp. on rough gravel roads 😂.
The spring and pin are needed the most/ a way to mount the spring to the plate. It’s a wear item and easily lost. To my knowledge no one is making them.
Do any of you have a spare part I can get in hand and model? I would of course mail them back once I get some measurements . This is the only part I have of the horn assembly at the moment.
horn bushing .jpg

Yeah, that part too you have in hand!

I'll dig through my replaced stuff, I know that if I have anything it won't be complete as the complete ones are in my rigs (and needed right now).

I'm unfortunately all the way down in Africa, so logistics are against us for me to borrow you some samples
Yeah, that would be a logistical hurdle! We will find the parts here in the US no problem. :)

I also found that a rubber grommet of the correct size and cutting one of the lips off works for the rubber spacer
Nice! Are you happy with it? If there is already a solution for that part then that is awesome. :)

Do any of you have a spare part I can get in hand and model? I would of course mail them back once I get some measurements . This is the only part I have of the horn assembly at the moment.
View attachment 3000394
Do you need to measure the parts yourself? I can pop my steering wheel off and give you some measurements. Or, when my sniper is back and I need some tuning miles, maybe an impromptu cruiser meetup? I’ll bring the 17mm wrench and you bring the calipers?

Do you need to measure the parts yourself? I can pop my steering wheel off and give you some measurements. Or, when my sniper is back and I need some tuning miles, maybe an impromptu cruiser meetup? I’ll bring the 17mm wrench and you bring the calipers?
Either works for me! :) Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom