Cruiser Sighting Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

every once in a while i see a troop carrier in columbus. there was an asian guy driving it. i tried to talk to him one day at the bank but i guess hes not very sociable. it was two tone green and black and not in great shape but who cares its a troopy. try to snap a pic next time.
It's an 81 HJ47. Imported from someplace w/ the steering on the correct side. That guy has owned it forever. I think he imported it when he immigrated, which is how that one truck was able to get around the 25yr rule. A now defunct Columbus 4x4 shop did a repaint & lift kit on that truck in the late '90's, IIRC.

That's all I know.

This past Wednesday I saw 4 80 Series...they seem to be coming out of the wood work. The only other time I have ever seen that many in one day is when I go to Colorado...but that doesn't count because they are everywhere.

utf-8BSU1BRzA0NzAuanBn.jpg

my 80 and a couple of 60s owned by a friend. he's bodyswapping the white one with the virtually rust-free brown one soon. because of him, 60s are growing on me a little bit.

There is also a BJ70 by my work at a rover repair shop of all places. Awesome little truck with a diesel. If only we had them in the states, it is the perfect size for our trails i think. It was for sale at one time on craigslist. I dont know if it is anymore. i do know it is a rust bucket. frame is very bad, body is rough. should feel right at home in ohio.

Today at my office in Springdale, parked three spots down from my 80, was a green 80 with gold emblems, a FOX sticking in the back window, and a damage multiplier up front. It was a very clean rig. I believe it is the first 80 other than mine I have seen there.

Saw a white 80 in evendale this evening. About 4:15pm going north bound on reading rd.

utf-8BSU1BRzA1NjcuanBn.jpg

saw this one the other day in New Albany. looked to be a V8 stuffed in there. i personally would rather have a(ny) toy drivetrain, but thats the "purist" in me.

i also saw what looked to be a 45 cab and bed loaded up with some scrap on its way to the junkyard on rt. 33 last friday. it was sad.

on another note i am still collecting parts for my 40 build. 80 axles, 3.4L V6, auto trans, dual cases, 37" rocker radials. last purchase is the vehicle itself but im selling a 3rd gen runner to generate the majority of the cash. i would like to trade it to a mulitple 40 owner that needs a good vehicle for new driver in the family....well thats how i see it working out in my head...HA!

Saw a Red 40 on Clifton in Lakewood on Christmas Eve in the day, I guess there are two on the west side now.

Saw a few more 80's in the Cincy area. A white one getting off at the Fields Ertel Exit. The other at a Skyline Chili restaurant, I think the owner works there, I see it all the time. And lastly, the green 80 I saw last week in my office parking lot was back today.

I have seen more 80's in the last 6-8 months in the Cincinnati area than I ever recall.

there is a women that drives a 100 series and must live around us(pete) somewhere... i would see her 2 or 3 times a week around the fields ertel/71 area this summer when i was driving the 60 all the time... she would always wave at me and i just always thought it was kinda cool...

but yea i agree Pete, there are definetly more cruisers around lately..

:cheers:

Working in northern Kentucky today. I was on o'hara at Donaldson just west of I-75 and first spotted a white 80 with a slee short bus bumper and then a couple of hours later a green 80 with gold emblem package.

I love that short bus bumper and cannot wait to have my own fabled up with a couple tweaks.

Who passed by me today on RT33 headed into Columbus?
You were driving a big white, beat up, de-plasticed 80 series, mud sticker in back window.
I was in the perfect looking red FJ40, delivering it to a customer in Columbus.

That was me Jim.

utf-8BSU1BRzA2MzcuanBn.jpg

Sorry if i swerved a little bit...i was s***ting my pants looking at that perfect 77. that thing was just beautiful. you're the second 40 ive seen on 33 this week. there was a rusted out blue/gray? one headed into columbus Monday.

i drove my 40 to work today. i must say im stating to be impressed by this 2F.

Who passed by me today on RT33 headed into Columbus?
You were driving a big white, beat up, de-plasticed 80 series, mud sticker in back window.
I was in the perfect looking red FJ40, delivering it to a customer in Columbus.

You must have been driving a customers 40 unless you finally found a nice one to spend all your pennies on :D...

It does look like a nice 40 in that pic...

Yohda, Since you also drive 33, have you noticed the rusty BJ70 sitting at "Kessler Heating & Cooling" in Canal Winchester?

It was for sale, but now is gonna be restored instead, though it hasn't moved for 6 mos...:meh:

Yeah, I went over to talk to Chris at Rover Repair about it. he said the owner was looking for another one to combine the two. We talked for awhile and i invited him to come ride with us. he had a couple of cool rover projects in the shop. he said he was looking to import defenders in the near future....pretty cool.

i dont expect much to happen with the 70. interesting projects like that either seem to have a purpose from the beginning or sit for a very long time.

Saw a fully camo'ed 60 Series today at Lunch parked off Northland Blvd. in Springdale. Look clean.

Saw a fully camo'ed 60 Series today at Lunch parked off Northland Blvd. in Springdale. Look clean.

hmmm... i have never seen that one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom