Cruise Moab 2007 Pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few shotts from the way out. Arch was a great run, enough stuff to keep you busy, but relatively easy.

The Canadians were at the hotel in Monticello, ready to go for Lockhart! That report will require tons of pix that will not do it justice, will try to get it done ASAP.
4-30-2007_13.jpg
4-30-2007_14.jpg
4-30-2007_15.jpg

attachment.php

What a great pic! Looks like everyone had a great time.

What happened to Robs truck? Explain the Blazer repair
Matt

Here ya go.... parking lot outside the Chuckwagon where the Friday nite dinner was held... didn't think I'd be under an '80 anytime soon.... you Toyota guys brake weird stuff anyways...:D
DSC03565.jpg

Great pics guys! Looks like you guys had a great time.

:frown: , I really wanted to go on the run.

The wet weather coupled with the long drive the next day led us to change plans. I was worried that the weather would make Poison Spider a long day so the family and I went on a tour of some of the places that I have worked in and around Moab. After that I broke down camp while the family moved to a hotel room. We left Moab at 6:08 AM on Sunday (UT time) and pulled into Tucson at 5PM (AZ time), 12 hours on the road.

We had a great time. If we can go next year, we won't tent camp. I had to work too hard to keep everyone in order and had no time to socialize. I will also try and make time for the pre-run activities as that would probably be even more fun!

How long was the run? Please tell me it was a long day so I don't feel worse than I already do. :D

We missed you on Poison Spider on Saturday...
I know we said we'd go on Moab Rim, but it got cancelled - so we went on Poison Spider anyway... never been up there in hail... first time I saw an '80 fly, and a '100 rip off the stock rear bumper...:D

Michael conducted a 'Chevy-style' repair on Rob's truck on Friday nite :grinpimp:

My KO's have been good to me other than shedding lugs on rocks, but have no recent comparisons...

But, more pics! first some of lockhart, again, probably the most of everything in the 8 days of wheeling we did!

The adventure trailer from Canadia, a view of the crew on the trail (Kevin has more killer pics of this) and an overlook of the road into Lockhart Canyon, what you cant really appreciate is there is about an 800' drop to the left of the truck to the canyon floor.
Drew_before.jpg
Trail_view.jpg
LHcanyon_ovrview.jpg

Last edited:
Next is our first day in Moab. I made a half day and only did the in/out on Onion Creek, but the light rain made for great settings.
onion_creek1.jpg
onion_creek2.jpg
onion_creek_shott.jpg

Next day was the official run on Porcupine Rim. The rule of the day was brake lites. At least on the way up. Kevin made the new rule for cruise moab - no trails w/ "3" in them. Great views at the top tho'...
kevin_brakelites.jpg
sno_cap.jpg
overlook.jpg

We left the group at the rim and headed down ourselves, thus saving a couple of hours and had time to play on Fins and adjust my steep-o-meter. Rob's favorite thing...
kevin_fins.jpg
Rob_Fins.jpg

next day was the offical Fins run. Two FJC's from Tall Corn Cruisers of Iowa were running in front, both set up nicely, the blue was running stock Dunlops and did great on the slickrock. True to CSC tradition, we got lost, twice. I then offered our trail leader and honorary membership. Pic 2 is the "turn-around. Pic 3 is Justin's SFA '88 mini truck on its maiden voyage.
Art1.jpg
turnabout.jpg
justin.jpg

The next day, May 5, was Cliff Hanger - or would have been but it was pouring and the run was cancelled. Rob, Kevin and I went to see Arches Nat'l Park. Good sign, bad sign, and a typical view.
goodsign.jpg
bad_sign.jpg
view1.jpg

Two more views in arches, the sandstone formations are wild, Windows in the rain, and the "Last Supper"...
view2.jpg
windows.jpg
last_supper.jpg

My KO's have been to me other than shedding lugs on rocks, but have no recent comparisons...

But, more pics! first some of lockhart, again, probably the most of everything in the 8 days of wheeling we did!

The adventure trailer from Canadia, a view of the crew on the trail (Kevin has more killer pics of this) and an overlook of the road into Lockhart Canyon, what you cant really appreciate is there is about an 800' drop to the left of the truck to the canyon floor.

Carl What was the Adventure trailer experience like?

It went something like this!:eek: :D

Yeah, but other than that he did really well on some difficult terrain, made it thru my forced turn arounds, and he got to know all the hardware stores in SE Utah!

Actually, I was pretty impressed with what the trailer could do and how Drew handled it (especially since it was it's maiden voyage), and how relatively little damage it sustained in the "incident".

Carl

What happended? Going to fast up that bump?

Exactly, the left side was tippy so the other FJC's tried the 80 line up the middle. One got stuck, the other, well, you saw the picture...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom