Crossing the Verde at Childs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i liked the pic of the dog better:flipoff2::beer:

dang - looks like that water was COLD!

Some crossing info

Verde FLOW RATE when I crossed was very low 5.8CFS, historically the same day has a mean value 56CFS

Best months to cross (lowest flow) May/Jun/Jul

Looking for info on the flow rate I found a very interesting article on some history and the naming of the IRVING AND CHILD'S power plant from the Sharlot Hall Museum site.

We once had the memorable opportunity to watch a rather :hillbilly: Ford Exploder trying to cross at Childs, drown, and hydrolock. It was simply awesome, because of the driving style, you could see it coming...:cool:

We were in a canoe coming down the river from Camp Verde/Beasley Flats on our way to the boat ramp at Horseshoe...

I have always wanted to do FR16

and then it was always deemed too long of a drive :meh:

plus, hardly anybody runs that powerline road, so there is little info on status --- (I am sure it gets regularly graded.... :lol:)

fr16 is always good enough for stock rigs, it can get bumpy but in my 20+yrs of driving the area it has always been ok.

I walk all water crossing....if I can walk it I can and will drive it. See my post on Sheep Bridge.
When I did FR212 San Francisco river solo I walked over 20 crossing. I enclosed a picture for YOUR viewing pleasure:D

AHHHH my eyes! :censor::whoops::doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom