Cottonland Hunting/Shooting Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is so cool, and so not fair all at the same time.

XD® MOD.2® 4" Service Model 9mm - Springfield Armory

Who needs a polymer 9mm? Springfield XDMod2 Service model [4in barrel] with 6 magazines - excellent condition, w/ case, manual $450. Now that C has started going to the range with me, it was quickly apparent that she couldn't rack the slide of this striker fired pistol, so it's for sale to invest in a hammer type 9mm that will be easier for her to handle

And everything online is correct.....

If you cant differentiate between what is and isn't correct, maybe you'd be better off paying someone?

Except with the BATFE you're guilty until proven innocent.

Well, considering the BATFE are the ones who deem your trust to be complete, and will sign off based on that, I'd wager that you are good to go once you've gotten your first approval back from them. Of course you can always call and talk to them; I've done so on several occasions. They were friendly enough.

I deal with the ATF almost every day and the ATF is one of the only government branches that can change policies or law with out congressional consent and with little to none notification to the end user or the law. In the firearm industry I can name several instances where the ATF has approved the manufacture of an item and then months later that same company gets a cease and desist order in the mail for manufacture of a restricted or illegal item. I also know a guy that was granted a form 1 to manufacture a machine gun and then the ATF served him papers for illegal manufacture of a machine gun.

Had a moment of weakness this afternoon and picked up a STI 1911. About as GI as I've seen (even says so right on the side), and after looking them up, basic doesn't appear to be their norm.

0714171524.jpg

Did more reading after I got it home and apparently it is one of the more accurate modern reproduction GI 1911s to hit the market. And judging from the labels on the box and some reading it is likely that it has been on their shelf for more than a couple years. Looking forward to putting a few thru it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Why is the suppressed barrel "much more better good" than the standard barrel in shot grouping? This guy doesn't say (or know) why. Skip ahead to 7:00 for comparo footage.

Harmonic vibration. A bull barrel accomplishes the same reduction in vibration but it does it with added weight and barrel diameter. A suppressor reduces harmonic vibration by redistribution of gasses in the baffle chambers.

Why is the suppressed barrel "much more better good" than the standard barrel in shot grouping? This guy doesn't say (or know) why. Skip ahead to 7:00 for comparo footage.

Just get the tactical version of the 10/22 takedown. It comes with a threaded bull barrel. Then you can add an external suppressor.

20170824_184003.jpg

Just get the tactical version of the 10/22 takedown. It comes with a threaded bull barrel. Then you can add an external suppressor.

View attachment 1533163
agree....then you have a suppressor that will go on a .22 cal pistol as well.....I like shooting all 3 of my 22 cal guns, and my can fits all 3.....

I have a ruger 10-22 takedown with magpul furniture, 22/45 lite, and a ruler ar15-22....super fun and cheap.

@Jtranum

Precision Delta is your Company, correct?

Was going to order some ammo and wanted to make sure I was on the right site.

Thanks

Any of you ever fooled with a .458 socom on an AR platform? I kinda want to put an upper together just cause.

Stopped by my cousin's house today and looked at some new guns he bought. Fell in love with a CZ527. Must have one. Anyone on here shoot one?

Stopped by my cousin's house today and looked at some new guns he bought. Fell in love with a CZ527. Must have one. Anyone on here shoot one?

They are fine rifles. CZs often get overlooked in the US and since people are often unfamiliar with them they discount their quality. The 527 stocks are cut to a more European pattern but I’d say they are one of the better out of the box rifles.

My UPS guy hates me. 45ACP is heavy...

1213171709a.jpg

@Jtranum

Precision Delta is your Company, correct?

Was going to order some ammo and wanted to make sure I was on the right site.

Thanks

Is this same company that sells bullets for reloading? They have nice FMJ for the price of plated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom