Converting a 24v rear heater to 12v (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've thought of this too. I have a center console heater from an FJ40 and one from a 24 volt BJ42. It looks like the two could be swapped. I wanted to make both heaters 12 volt though. I was waiting for a cheap center console heater from an FJ60 to land in my possession to test if the motors are the same and swap it in place of the 24 volt motor.

I've thought of this too. I have a center console heater from an FJ40 and one from a 24 volt BJ42. It looks like the two could be swapped. I wanted to make both heaters 12 volt though. I was waiting for a cheap center console heater from an FJ60 to land in my possession to test if the motors are the same and swap it in place of the 24 volt motor.
If you go through with this and decide to get rid of the 24v motor, I would love to have the opportunity to purchase it.

If you go through with this and decide to get rid of the 24v motor, I would love to have the opportunity to purchase it.

I'm going to have quite a bit of 24 volt stuff. Once I have the truck running on 12 volt, I'll be unloading the extra bits. I'll give you 1st dibs on the console heater motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom