Colorado Windshield? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a windshield replaced some time ago in Arizona due to stone crack. I had read about issues with poor window installs that led to water leaks. So, I contacted my local dealer at the time to inquire about reputable installers. Install was performed, but due to the lack of rain in AZ and now CO where I have moved to, did not notice any issues. Now that it is raining more often here in CO I find that there is indeed leakage that is causing electrical gremlins due to water getting to the electrical components on the passenger side.
My question is if anyone knows of a windshield installer either on the western slope or the front range of CO that they could recommend.
Do you think present windshield could be reinstalled using all new gaskets or do you think I need to start over with a new windshield as well? It appears that factory windshield is no longer available. Is there a particular brand of third-party windshield manufacturer preferred over others?
Thanks in advance for any help and direction anyone can offer.

Is there a way to transfer this over there? Or do I have to repost?

If you find something out, please post back here. I asked this question a few months back and no responses...

I can recommend these folks:

Auto Glass Express - Nobody Delivers Factory Quality Glass for Less, Guaranteed!

My Daugher is a RN...currently 'travel nursing' in Denver. When she needed to have the windshield replaced on her F150 I called the folks listed above and talked with Kristina. I could not be happier with the service and professionalism we recieved. A few months after the installation I got a chance to look at the truck and the installation was top notch.

Really no install does these right that I know of.

I pull side molding inside and outside along with lower outside molding. Then I take to shop or have them come to me. They do windshield I do all the rest. I no longer go workout or have a cup of coffee as they install. I get involved in every aspect of the install.

Very good chance it can be fix by removing side molding. Installer will often drill new holes (I hate that) and leave the factory holes open.

If you get into the South Denver area, PM me and stop by. I'll take a look for you.:)

i too am in colorado and would like to know this info... my side mouldings were def. installed incorrectly.. i'm dealing with wind noise havnt noticed water intrusion yet but i hate that they wont install them following procedure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom