CMCC 2020 cancelled (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Screenshot_20200601-191231_Opera.jpg

I've been expecting this. Thanks for posting here.

Ya me too, saw it last night, although I expected it to be cancelled.

I was hoping it wouldn't be cancelled. Quite disappointed actually.
I’m willing to bet that you’ve been going since the beginning? It is a kick in the teeth.

I missed the first one, it really wasn't much more than a small club run from what they tell me. Matt Reed was there. I did manage to attend the last 19!
That’s a pretty good run Gary..

Oh crap. Very disappointing.

Is there any potential for a small'ish meeting of renegades at that time? Is the park even open? (or likely to be?)

Are the COVID numbers still bad in PA? (i.e., haven't turned the corner yet)

I must admit that I have not been paying attention beyond my little corner. My view has been limited to family and work. No one in the family (even our daughter that is an urgent care pediatrician at the hospital treating COVID and normal load). Work is looking very good too (~5k employees, 18 cases to date, no employee-to-employee transmission, no new cases in ~3 wks).

This left me very optimistic that CMCC would be going off completely as planned. Clearly, ignorance was bliss on my part (until 5 minutes ago).

Anthracite is open and Twin Grove is open.
We can't have a raffle this year because many of our vendors are hurting.
We can't have a dinner because we can't put 150 people in a room together.
Most folks are short on disposable income lately.

Quite frankly, even if we could, I wouldn't attend. Both my wife and myself are compromised, so this virus crap is something I take very seriously. She would likely survive if infected, but it would kill me without question.
The COVID numbers in PA are not the only issue, as many folks that attend travel from all over the east coast.

A few days of wheeling can wait till next year.

I'm all for keeping the cabin reservation I have. The Polish contingent is also talking about keeping their cabin reservations. No organization means do whatever you and your friends want as far as starting times and which park to wheel at. I believe it is the weekend for our regularly scheduled monthly club wheeling date, too.

@Crusha, do you have sites reserved this year? I say we keep some and do the same thing we do every year!

I did not make any reservations this year, as I was expecting it to be cancelled. Although, the day before it was officially cancelled, I put a post it note on my computer to make them.

I guess I'm a jinx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom