Clutch pedal position problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now with that info, the pics look proper, have you had a peek to see how far off the throw out is from clutch fingers when at rest ?
Have you gravity bleed it ? with hood open have a watch at clutch M/C resivior while depressing clutch, any fluid movement or bubbles ? do it slow with lid off res., do it a little quicker like a real clutch push and watch res fluid ? what happens ? If your throw out spacing off clutch fingers is correct I would guess you got a bad new MC. If slave is leaky you would see it when depress clutch. Check throw out, gravity bleed it and check the pedal bush as posted above, the bolt that holds the pedal has a sleeve/bush on it that goes away. You have checked the slave to be sure the piston was operating ? Sometimes the new parts have dried and the piston may be sticky, you need a 2nd person to slowly depress pedal while you watch slave, its hyd. so it should move as soon as person on pedal annouces pressure, how much pedal travel was that, if its more than 1/3 down the hyd function is not working, either air ( gravity bleed ) or MC isnt moving it over the full range of motion. While gravity bleeding hit the MC with some vibrations, palm sander works. If all the hard parts are right its the hyd system.

Now with that info, the pics look proper, have you had a peek to see how far off the throw out is from clutch fingers when at rest ?
Have you gravity bleed it ? with hood open have a watch at clutch M/C resivior while depressing clutch, any fluid movement or bubbles ? do it slow with lid off res., do it a little quicker like a real clutch push and watch res fluid ? what happens ? If your throw out spacing off clutch fingers is correct I would guess you got a bad new MC. If slave is leaky you would see it when depress clutch. Check throw out, gravity bleed it and check the pedal bush as posted above, the bolt that holds the pedal has a sleeve/bush on it that goes away. You have checked the slave to be sure the piston was operating ? Sometimes the new parts have dried and the piston may be sticky, you need a 2nd person to slowly depress pedal while you watch slave, its hyd. so it should move as soon as person on pedal annouces pressure, how much pedal travel was that, if its more than 1/3 down the hyd function is not working, either air ( gravity bleed ) or MC isnt moving it over the full range of motion. While gravity bleeding hit the MC with some vibrations, palm sander works. If all the hard parts are right its the hyd system.

I think I may have found the problem! I was asked in an early reply if I had a return spring on the clutch fork, which I do, but when I was under the truck watching the action, I noticed that the slave push rod was not returning all the way.

I must have used a pedal return spring which is much weaker and didn't pull the fork tip hard enough. I found a stiffer spring (assuming the right spring for the clutch fork), installed it, and now the slave rod returns all the way. Once that was in place, I bled the system again and there was air trapped at the slave.

I ran out of time, but later I will adjust the play and hopefully will be good to go.

Thanks everyone for the great input!

Make sure the locknut on the pedal adjuster is tight--if it gets loose the clutch master piston shaft will slowly rotate till it gradually causes the pedal to get more slack--causing the pedal pump problem to happen.

Make sure the locknut on the pedal adjuster is tight--if it gets loose the clutch master piston shaft will slowly rotate till it gradually causes the pedal to get more slack--causing the pedal pump problem to happen.
Thanks for the heads up.

I see the problem. Your Land Cruiser is entirely too clean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom