Cluster Master Cylinder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
I pulled this off my FJ40. It looks like what I"m seeing at CoolCruisers for a clutch master for a 69/70 (mines a 66, but this was what was on it). When I went to NAPA, they showed me something different and smaller. I called my local Toyota dealer and they quoted me over $200. So, I"m trying to figure out what this is and if my local auto parts store will have it - or do I have to get it online.

IMG_2742.JPG

I don't know if it helps but I am working on a 63 fj45 that has the same clutch master on it but with the early tin reservoir. I don't know more than that.

I think that is the "upgrade" master, which is from a latter (71-?) Which woukd also have a new hard line, soft line and slave....all 10mm. If so, it's a good thing as 9mm stuff are few and far between

The original hard line was 9mm(or was it 11mm?) and went into the front of the master, like the old tin cup style.

I have a kit from SOR which I am going to install someday on the 45lv.

Thanks so much, that's a lot of help. Had I needed 10mm and gotten 9mm I'd have been very unhappy.

So if you have that master, you should already have the rest of the stuff updated and just need a new master.

Actaully now that I have coffee in me....I think it's 11mm on the early clutch and 9mm on the brakes( I know I am right on brakes, just redid them all and kept the 9mm)...

Yes, I have everything else. I'm just trying to make sure I get the right replacement master. If you look at the SOR page linked above, the picture and the drawing aren't of the exact same unit. You have buy by year range. Looking at the Cool Cruiser's page, the one I have is 65 to 70 and discontinued. '70 to '80 looks a lot different and I'm trying to figure out if it matters. CruiserParts.net don't show any three bold clutch masters. Cruiser Corps has the one SOR says is discontinued for $89 as does PartsGeek for $33 - which seems awful cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom