Events/Trails Club Tech Day: 19 October 0900 at OTRAMM's shop Bealton, VA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Start hosing the spring bolts and bushings with FreeAll or Kroil. The front spring pin is usually a b!tch to remove.
Started last week with Kroiling it. I went by today and re applied some more on the offending bolts prepping for this weekend

If I bring donuts and a twelver can this former member come by for a couple hours? I have bolt that needs cutting.

If I bring donuts and a twelver can this former member come by for a couple hours? I have bolt that needs cutting.
Sure, come on out.

Start hosing the spring bolts and bushings with FreeAll or Kroil. The front spring pin is usually a b!tch to remove.
heat the pins red with a torch and they slide ride out, let them cool, do not drop in water and then clean and re-use.

Ryan - Sunflower doesn't open on Saturday until 11:30am. I need to get out to Bealeton much earlier than that. They are, however open Friday until 10pm if a take-out order picked up the night before is ok.

I’m looking for a set of axle shims. 3 degree or five degree if anyone has set they are willing to get rid of at tech day tomorrow

Coming by at 9am for a few hours.
Can help stuff fall crawl swag bags.
By the way, is there a trick to getting the steering damper off...those tapered bolts are killing me.

Coming by at 9am for a few hours.
Can help stuff fall crawl swag bags.
By the way, is there a trick to getting the steering damper off...those tapered bolts are killing me.
We’ll get it sorted.

I wish I could make it (stupid night shift). I canceled my appointment with Midas when they quoted $850.00 to replace my brake lines. So, brake lines still need to be done.

I wish I could make it (stupid night shift). I canceled my appointment with Midas when they quoted $850.00 to replace my brake lines. So, brake lines still need to be done.
Hard lines, or soft? All of them or just some?

But I get ya...Midas quoted me around $1000 for a cat back exhaust and O2 bung replacement on my 80. And I hadn't even mentioned the high & tight part yet! Got it done at a one man exhaust shop in the boonies of SC for about $150. I gave him $50 just for not screwing me and have sent many people to him since. 5 years later it's doing great. I'll go right back for another if it rots out tomorrow.

Hard lines, or soft? All of them or just some?

But I get ya...Midas quoted me around $1000 for a cat back exhaust and O2 bung replacement on my 80. And I hadn't even mentioned the high & tight part yet! Got it done at a one man exhaust shop in the boonies of SC for about $150. I gave him $50 just for not screwing me and have sent many people to him since. 5 years later it's doing great. I'll go right back for another if it rots out tomorrow.
This is all 7 soft lines. I had my own parts. I've done soft lines before, it took me less than an hour to replace 4 of them. I may try an independent shop Tuesday, but being on nights makes it difficult.

@94YotaGuy That's rough! They probably don't even know how to properly bleed the damn thing (LSPV). I'll be happy to help you Thursday night if you can get to FC safely but I'm already spoken for the rest of the weekend. I understand the club has a Power Bleeder now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom