Climate Control Issues Specifically A/C (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been searching for a 200 series AC issues thread. In troubleshooting mode right now. Front AC drivers side vents blow cool not cold. If I turn the fan to low the temp gets cooler. The passenger front is half as cold as the drivers , both sides set on low, re-circ or fresh air in makes no difference.

The rear ac is sporadic at best.

Is the rear ac system mechanically completely stand alone?

Anyone experienced blender dampener door issues?

Going to investigate as much as possible prior to taking to the dealer. Going to start with the cabin filters.

Anyone have a electronic copy of the 2011 FSM ac section available?

I had a similar issue on my dual climate control on my company truck, it would up being a dampener blender actuator. That was a $1800 bill , the dealer had to pull the dash. Ouch

If I do take it to the dealer, I'm only going to have them verify the ac compressors and Freon level are ok. I'm thinking blender door because on low, it does get cold.

When did you replace the cabin air filters?

Having same exact issues with my '13 anyone have an update or a direction to start testing? @wfd175 @paul r

No win here yet. I have just left it on low when I need to cool.
Took truck to my buddies shop. Was low on freon. Added some dye and recharged and it's good as new. Will see if it leaks down but at least I know the problem.

Thanks for the update! I'll have to check the charge. It seems to cool just fine up front. Are there two separate circuits, or was yours having trouble on the front A/C as well?
All one refrigerant system. The rear was hot, passenger front cool at best, driver front decently cold. Charged and all good.

In my experience when my AC acted wackily it was due to cabin filter not installed properly

All one refrigerant system. The rear was hot, passenger front cool at best, driver front decently cold. Charged and all good.

same exact problem I have. I have to add 1.02 kilos of freeon every 3 months or so..

I found my leak, behind drivers rear wheel. Look up and you will see lines going to what I'm assuming is the rear ac. Mine is leaking so bad there was a spot of oil on the floor after a few days.

I found my leak, behind drivers rear wheel. Look up and you will see lines going to what I'm assuming is the rear ac. Mine is leaking so bad there was a spot of oil on the floor after a few days.

Leaking at a fitting or from exterior damage/corrosion?

Leaking at a fitting or from exterior damage/corrosion?
Appears to be a fitting/oring no rust or damage anywhere. Mechanic is working on it this week, will get back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom