CLC Tools and Shop Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Red got me the coolest sign via Murrell at the Flea Market.

US Tire.

Moved the TEQ to the side door.

IMG_9975.JPG

IMG_9976.JPG

i do that for mine. My firstgen 4Runner has like 5 sizes of bolts and that's it

I'd go through and eliminate the odd sizes I wouldn't use, but since you've got a beastly rig, you probably need the odd sizes here and there.

You are right, I need metric and SAE and all sorts of weird sizes. I wanted a set that had all/most of it in one case. I needed some weird sized torx the other day. This even has those. It's big, but smaller and lighter than an action packer.

We use Ryobi in the cabinet shop so I should be set on batteries. I hope.

Mine are about 3 years old and they change them with new models. Costs as much to get a battery as a new tool

Batteries Plus or Interstate can rebuild your battery packs for $30-$60 depending on what cells are inside the case.

Hmm, this is good to know. I've got some Makitas that I was gonna chunk, now I'm gonna check this option out.

I went to a trade show last week. Milwaukee and DeWalt have some very cool tech in play already. Mostly for jobsite applications, but you can track via bluetooth either the tool or the battery (depending on brand). You can put a geofence on your job so that any tool that walks away gets disabled. You can optimize speed and start up cut revs for sawzalls for specific tasks to save on blade wear (think studs versus black pipe). They even have auto stop that detects when you have cut through a stud to keep you from hitting other work inside a wall (electrical). All this controlled through an app on your phone or tablet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom