CLC March 2015 Run - The Gulches (or???) Saturday 14th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fitzgerald

Hey! Where'd the mountians go?!?!?
Threads
The Gulches

Date: Saturday, March 14th

Trail: The Gulches

Meeting Spot: Western Gas Station in Woodland Park click for map

When: Meet 8:30 , Depart 9:00

Who's In:

- Ryan (100%)
- Reed (100%)
- Leon (maybe)
- Travis (0% :()

:cheers:

Last edited:
Only a week and a half away!

What are you guys thinking?

Anyone been up in that area?

Too much snow to go wheelin'?

Any other ideas if there is too much snow for the Gulches? Arizona? Northern Mexico?

China wall, a bit closer to home. I know I will need both my weekends prior to the spring break trip.

China wall, a bit closer to home. I know I will need both my weekends prior to the spring break trip.

Yeah, I'm going to try to get all of my ducks in a row so that I can go on this trip (wherever that may be) but we'll see how everything falls out.

I might be in, depends on whether or not I have to be on my jobsite babysitting my subs this weekend.

Installed my front locker and got my 35" Toyo open country MT's on so I've been itching to test them out. Also got a used slee belly pan skid plate from christo :grinpimp:

I'm going to miss this trip--going to stay local and meet Hakalugi (buddy from Capital Land Cruiser Club) at Redline where he's arranging details on his FJ UTE build. :grinpimp:

do we have a roll call on this trail ride yet? I might try to get my co-driver for cruise moab to come down so he can get some seat time.

do we have a roll call on this trail ride yet? I might try to get my co-driver for cruise moab to come down so he can get some seat time.

Updated the OP for ya. I'll keep updating as people post from here on out.

mark me down as 80% in, I want to do something that has some challenge to it though as these tires and additional locker have given my truck a big boost in capability. Which trails specifically are we looking at? Just so I can recon on trail damage. Hackett Gulch sounds good.

-reed

I like the Gulches. It would be fun to try to catch all three if we get there early enough:steer:

Im in as long as there are some decently challenging spots. I need to brush up before moab, also my co-driver will need a good couple obstacles to get him familiar with my rig.

Hackett rock has a ledge to test the locker out. Long water rock is tippy and a good spotting exercise as the driver can't see anything when reaching the break-over point. And metberry has chicken scratch hill to test traction and breaking. Chuck and Mike put on a show coming back up one year on the ledges next to chicken scratch but without 39's and big v8's I wouldn't advise that line. They eachshould have mud and snow in spots, although you won't see any of that in Moab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom