City Racer 2F Japanese Distributor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HemiAlex

Long live the 2F
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
yotaoilfilters.com
OEM 2F 3F Distributor for Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ60 FJ62 70 Series FZJ80

I'm considering buying this. I've got a stubborn distributor that has a stuck o ring. I can't advance my distributor at the moment and I really need to add some advance due to the new carb.

Seems like it needs a few changes to the system but I refuse to pay $100-150 for a used oem distubutor when the new one is $300.

Thoughts?

Looks like it has points?
Right? I don't see a condenser tho? I did some reading just st a bit ago and the stock 60 diz doesn't have points nor a condenser.

OEM 2F 3F Distributor for Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ60 FJ62 70 Series FZJ80

I'm considering buying this. I've got a stubborn distributor that has a stuck o ring. I can't advance my distributor at the moment and I really need to add some advance due to the new carb.

Seems like it needs a few changes to the system but I refuse to pay $100-150 for a used oem distubutor when the new one is $300.

Thoughts?
Silly of me to ask, but where is the stuck o ring? I have mine here in the house since I recurved it and have yet to replace it.

It is a points distributor with a condenser (behind the vac diaphragm)

This is very high-quality distributor and I have one sitting on the shelf as a back-up for the 60. It's the distributor used in late 2F/3F s in the parts of the world that did not have some ***-tard-bureaucrat dictating exactly how much stuff was allowed to spew out the tailpipe.

I have not investigated, but there's prolly a pertronix kit to convert to electronic. Or, you could just run as is, but you'd have to check a wiring diagram on how to hook up and get a coil with ballast built in or external ballast resistor. (not sure what the stock coil is).

HOWEVER, if your issue is just the dissy is stuck, just remove it and get a new O-ring from Toyota and clean the crap out of the block-bore and smear some synlube on the dissy shaft (and new o-ring) and stick it.

If you're having difficulty removing the dissy, use a length of 2x2 wood from underneath the truck to GENTLY tap up 'n out.

btw, Toyota also sells a 61080 version which has an Octane selector.

It is a points distributor with a condenser (behind the vac diaphragm)

This is very high-quality distributor and I have one sitting on the shelf as a back-up for the 60. It's the distributor used in late 2F/3F s in the parts of the world that did not have some ***-tard-bureaucrat dictating exactly how much stuff was allowed to spew out the tailpipe.

I have not investigated, but there's prolly a pertronix kit to convert to electronic. Or, you could just run as is, but you'd have to check a wiring diagram on how to hook up and get a coil with ballast built in or external ballast resistor. (not sure what the stock coil is).

HOWEVER, if your issue is just the dissy is stuck, just remove it and get a new O-ring from Toyota and clean the crap out of the block-bore and smear some synlube on the dissy shaft (and new o-ring) and stick it.

If you're having difficulty removing the dissy, use a length of 2x2 wood from underneath the truck to GENTLY tap up 'n out.

btw, Toyota also sells a 61080 version which has an Octane selector.

What is this 61080 you speak of? I'm interested.

It's the Denso version that the Trollhole dissy is copied from. Has a 'selector' that allows you to vary advance to account for third world gasoline, you know, like the stuff you prolly encounter when you go to San Antonio ... :rofl:

It's also a points dissy (condenser is inside housing), Small cap, the one Racer sells is a mid-cap.

I don't think one is 'better' than the other ( I have one in my '74 FJ40), it's just a small cap for 3rd world FJ40s, but no reason why you couldn't run it on the 60, though the 60 dissy is as good as it gets. Wish they were available ....

I would just find a FJ60 dissy with a good advancer and send it to Jim C. for rebuild and recurve.

img_0136-jpg.1338747

img_0139-jpg.1338750

Last edited:
I was hoping that the cityracer was essentially was a 60 series distributor that had just been discontinued in the states.

I need to change my plans, because even the trollhole takes some work to run on the 60. I just want a drop in replacement at a premium price to have forever.

Doesn't exist, I'll have to find an oem unit and send it for a rebuild and recurve like you said.

Or recurve it yourself. $17 isn't too hard on the wallet for a quick try yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom