Choke Cable trouble (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1973 FJ40. I've had this rig for only about a week. I set out to lubricate the clutch cable. Now I can't figure out how to reattach the cable to the linkage. Part of my trouble is I can't see what I'm doing.

I have the wire lubricated now and it slides nicely. I have secure the exterior cable in the set screw. I just can't figure who to secure the little bent wire into the hole of the screw on the linkage. I'm completely lost.

If someone could provide a photo that would be awesome.

Thank you,
Victor

I have a 1973 FJ40. I've had this rig for only about a week. I set out to lubricate the clutch cable. Now I can't figure out how to reattach the cable to the linkage. Part of my trouble is I can't see what I'm doing.

I have the wire lubricated now and it slides nicely. I have secure the exterior cable in the set screw. I just can't figure who to secure the little bent wire into the hole of the screw on the linkage. I'm completely lost.

If someone could provide a photo that would be awesome.
buy a factory service manule. life savers they are...
Thank you,
Victor

The Haynes Repair Manual was a waste of $20. Are these service manuals expensive?

@Victor LaPorte :

Picture from my 1973 FJ40 with stock everything. I'm assuming you are enquiring about a choke cable, like your title, and not a clutch cable, like your message.

choke cable connections.jpg

@Victor LaPorte :

Picture from my 1973 FJ40 with stock everything. I'm assuming you are enquiring about a choke cable, like your title, and not a clutch cable, like your message.

View attachment 1819778
Thank you. Yes choke cable not clutch.
Your set up is different from mine. I’m guessing some sort of rebuild, maybe. The former owner is ghosting me so I can’t ask him. On yours, the wire that passes through the hole with the set screw is different then mine. There is a screw but it faces the fire wall. The other end is a nut. It floated in a brass fitting. The wire comes through and hooks into the hole. I think it is designed to be held in by tension. This discussion has given me another thought. I will try and photograph it next week when I visit it in storage garage. I really appreciate the photo!

Finally figured out my problem. The wire goes into a tiny hole and then the set screw holds it in place. My issue was I just couldn't see what I was doing. Not my best effort, but it's fixed.

IMG_0346.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom