Chevota clutch info with pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer
Threads
I’m gonna bring this topic up again which has been going on for years
and Jim Loves it he always gets a kick out of these posts I picked up this clutch kit I stumbled onto with the correct low profile pressure plate that is compatible with the Toyota hydraulics For $65 bucks suppose to be also brand new not rebuilt. Pressure plate ,disc,pilot bearing ,TO bearing ,alignment tool. $65 bucks sweet deal.
Valeo brand in a private label box I think. anyways here is a few pics of the differences between the standard pressure plate and the low profile pressure plate
the part number for just the pressure plate is CA5473. Or anything with 5473 , I usually just ask the parts guy for a clutch kit for an early Checker Marathon I think 1966-69 or something , they only offered the low profile clutch for this vehicle. So no parts desk errors.
Here are pics of a standard pressure plate beside a low profile pressure plate , chevotas must use a Low Profile pressure plate when using the Toyota clutch slave and master.

IMG_2451.jpeg
IMG_2448.jpeg
IMG_2447.jpeg

Last edited:
Great info. Is this for a 3spd or 4spd transmission?

Oh ok. Need to purchase a pressure plate at some point for a 3spd Toyota tranny that is mated to a SBC 350

I just went through the same situation. 11” flat diaphragm pressure plate, it must say flat, long throw out bearing, a brand new1974 Aisin master cylinder, a brand new 1974 Aisin slave cylinder, a stainless line, and it works like a dream. The parts store looked the clutch if from a 1973 Chevy Camero. There were quite a few options. The 11” flat diaphragm works great.

I recently bought a 73 FJ40 with a 350 Chevy and SM420, in a pile of receipts I found mention of a Center Force clutch, I'm hoping this thread will help me understand my set up a little better as I didn't do the conversion myself and the last owner was clueless about the whole drive line as the owner previous to him had the work done.

Same setup I'm running. Same design... LUK clutch. '74 slave and clutch master & braided steel line. Stock 4-Speed Toyota transmission.

I'm running a 2F throw out bearing. Which T/O bearing are you using? @pbgbottle @Mopdog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom