Cheap tricks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clyde-2 said:
Ben.........Can't believe I forgot about that scene. I've only seen tha movie a hundred times. Maybe it was subliminal!!! Next time I'm in CO, I'll buy you a
beer!!

I had been wanting to rent that movie for a while. When I saw that pic it reminded me and I got it the other night. Yup that scene is still in the movie :eek: . It wasn't as cool as I remembered it was as a kid. Not even close to realistic. It's a classic though :) . If you come to TX could I get you to buy me a :beer: ?

Hawkdriver.........I'm in Texas, and will gladly buy you a beer.

dustin said:
cleaning grease off stuff-
oven cleaner works wonders on thick grease like on your steering knuckles. keep it away from rims and other painted items though.
I tried this one out on some mini truck knuckles this weekend, I give it a halajula and an amen.

use an old fuel line/hose/any type of tubing and use it as a stethoscope to find an exhaust leak. That way you can keep your ear away from the engine/heat and the noise gets amplified all the way to your ear. it even works to see if the intake manifold is sealed tight, cuz it will let out noises.

On the trail when pulling the front spindles, remove the bearings and housing normally. Flip it over and put it back on the spindle, put the nut back on the spindle and pull the housing off quickly. This pops the rear seal and bearing off easily without meassing up the rear seal too badly.

I bought 79 Ford truck from a young kid that worked for me. His father was the original owner and gave it to him when he was 15 back home in MT. He had moved to Portland, Or after finishing school and worked for me for some time. The gas was killing him so he purchased a newer Toyota pickup, std cab 4x4 what most of us had for our first truck. He wanted to sell his Ford F-250 but the had told me the trans was slipping. So I had a trans tech look at it and verified that it did. I took it around the block and when it locked up in 3rd it would slip forever. But after driving it and really looking at it I was amazed at the condition in and out. Had 77k original miles and had nice options So I bought it and would worry about putting a tranny in it later. I was just helping this kid out and I liked the truck...Weeks later I was talking with a vendor and he recomended a product called "Trans-X" It comes in a can like the old Oil cans. Read the direction! i did not and poored the whole can into the the tranny and within 5 miles It would power brake and smoke the tires and the shift points were crisp and hard with your foot in it. i was amazed by what had happen,. I am selling 4k trans for these issues and a $5.00 wonder car fixed my issues...........Simply amazing! I have also used it in leaking P/S systems. What is does is soften the bands, seals and friction plates. the have a 100% 5 mile guarantee and recomend it in all hydraulic systems.

Shane

sonoranfun said:
Stuck on the road and can't get a ride? Have your woman flash her breasts and guys will be stopping to help you out left and right!

I think this is a great idea even if nothing is wrong and you aren't stranded just to add to the scenery!

Think everyone probably knows this one: brake fluid for a leaky power steering pump.

A piece of beer (or soda whatever your taste may be) can makes a great shim for slightly loose bracket or around a bolt in a wallowed out hole.

If you separate the bead on a tire and can't get it to seat for inflation. You can shoot some starter fluid (ether) into the tire then light it off with a match (weight off the wheel). The explosion will seat the tire on the rim. I saw a farmer do this on a tractor tire once. Be careful that you don't use too much ether or it will ruin the tire. This WILL scorch your face if you are not careful.

PUPTLAM said:
ALCOHOL CONDUCTS ELECTRICITY!!! Use WD-40.

Wait 30 seconds and the alchohol should evaporate!
PLEASE don't use WD40 on electrical contacts, it is flamable!!! NEVER use it to clean electric motors, you will ruin them!! Should NEVER use petroilum based lubricants on electrical contacts.

They make electrical contact cleaner and dielectric grease for a reason!!

Don't forget about using jumper cables for welding. I strung two batteries together. I used the process along with nickles, bungee cord ends, etc to fix a crappy push-pull j-arm on my buggy to limp out of the trail. My face was nice and red after the fact!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom