Cheap Front Bumpers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As a med student, well Im broke every other day. So on my hunt for a reasonably priced bumper I stumbled into the chinese off road market. Turns out we can get these bumpers at around 300 dollars plus some change. Anyway minimum order is two and shipping is about 900 for who knows how much. It'll take about a month or so but the more people that buy this the cheaper shipping is for all of us i'd assume. I have no idea how they stand offloading but im willing to give it a try and if worse comes to worse itll have to be another student loan to get some slee gear.
Let me know what ya'll think. Im in San Diego so id probably get them shipped to Long Beach LA area

FB-LC80-3+05.jpg

FB-LC80-3+03.jpg

trailgear has a cheap bumper for the 80 now.

Most aftermarket Bumpers are 3/16" (7ga) material, what thickness is this?

How thick is the ARB? Just for comparison.

The ARB is not 3/16. I bet the main body of the ARB is 1/8", maybe?

If that bumper is made of metal $300 is a fantastic deal. It would stop a deer and bend your frame in a collision just like any other bumper. Who knows how it would do in a winching situation or using a hi-lift on it?

I'd sure buy one for a DD/weekend wheeler.

The Wings on ARB are less than 3/16"

If I recall correctly I think ARB uses 3mm sheet metal for the bumper. That is slightly smaller than 10ga. No where close to adequate IMO.

The Trail Gear is Real Ugly, though.

$550 Bump It Off-road
80-front-bumper-tube-group.png

As a med student, well Im broke every other day. So on my hunt for a reasonably priced bumper I stumbled into the chinese off road market. Turns out we can get these bumpers at around 300 dollars plus some change. Anyway minimum order is two and shipping is about 900 for who knows how much. It'll take about a month or so but the more people that buy this the cheaper shipping is for all of us i'd assume. I have no idea how they stand offloading but im willing to give it a try and if worse comes to worse itll have to be another student loan to get some slee gear.
Let me know what ya'll think. Im in San Diego so id probably get them shipped to Long Beach LA area

View attachment 1456333

View attachment 1456334
Chinesium? Really? And you are doing this out of necessity? Why not save for longer and by a bumper that wasn't built by the enemy?

I second BIO. I don't have mine yet, but if Mike is still on schedule mine should start being built end of May or early June. Best looking bumper for an 80 IMO and really light weight. Hefty recovery points, and high and tight to the body for great approach angles. Last I checked he was about 12 weeks out on STARTING new orders.

3rd for BIO. I have one of his tube fronts, skid plate, and high clearance rear with swingout tire carrier. He does top notch work and supplies very high quality and very complete hardware. Well worth the wait, awesome guy to work with, and his powdercoater does some of the best PC'ing I've seen. Well worth the money. And $1200 for a Chinese bumper? pffff... There's so much higher quality available here in the states for that kind of money.

3rd for BIO. I have one of his tube fronts, skid plate, and high clearance rear with swingout tire carrier. He does top notch work and supplies very high quality and very complete hardware. Well worth the wait, awesome guy to work with, and his powdercoater does some of the best PC'ing I've seen. Well worth the money. And $1200 for a Chinese bumper? pffff... There's so much higher quality available here in the states for that kind of money.

Its not 1200 for a chinese bumper... Say 10 people want it then its 10X300 ; 3k plus the 800 shipping so about 3.8k/10 people is 380$ per bumper to my understanding as the 800 is for a freight container, so the more people that were to order the cheaper it'd be...

I would love to save for a Slee but as I type on my computer and my phone I realize they were both assembled in China
Ok, so keep shopping. Better yet buy an inexpensive 115V flux core wire feed welder (that was probably made in China) and build your own. Learning to weld will be fun.

Ok, so keep shopping. Better yet buy an inexpensive 115V flux core wire feed welder (that was probably made in China) and build your own. Learning to weld will be fun.

I would love to learn how to weld but I cant find the time to put down my books haha. The whole point of this was to get a cheap bumper. Take into mind I am a Med student. Free time is precious and rare. Money is scarce too, being that Im on an AMEDD scholarship the Army pays for ALOT of stuff just not my truck lol

Look I get it get, but if time and money are scarce then putting together a "group" buy like this is not in your favor to save some bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom