Chattanooga Area Quarterly Meetings (1 Viewer)

Show of hands, if you would be interested in attending a QUARTERLY meeting in the Chattanoo a ea. Pr

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Show of hands, if you would be interested in attending a QUARTERLY meeting in the Chattanooga area. Presumably a weeknight 6:00-8:00, somewhere with beer and food.

This is not a firm commitment, just trying to gauge how many potential attendees we could have and a suitable location.

Due to the timing of this post, this was probably discussed at the meeting this past weekend. Regrettably my bride had a family party planned so I missed out on the discussion.

What are the projected objectives for quarterly meetings? Social, chapter planning/ business ... combination.

If it is primarily social, I would offer an alternate option. Quarterly trail rides or work days (could be on the trails or in the shop) with early stop times planned for food / refreshments at a restaurant that logistically makes sense.

Maybe combine Larry's ideas? ie If we schedule a work day during the quarter, call that the quarterly? If there is not a ride or other get together due to weather, interest, holiday schedule, etc, have a weekday meeting? Or give it a shot for a year and see if we get attendance back up. I guess the advantage of having just a meet up is there are no other distractions (like wrenching or a trail ride) and we can discuss whatever business, tech, etc and then get on our way. Just tossing ideas out there. Like Larry, I too missed the annual meeting since :princess: had us out of town with friends in Wilmington.

It was my experience previously that we had fairly sporadic and rotating attendance at the weekday monthly meetings from years ago with a core of four or five but then another sporadic following of three to five random attendees each week. I do see a benefit to a short evening weekday meet up though. We usually had some pretty good tech discussions, traded parts and had good social interaction. It may also help us with GSMTR discussions to meet in person. I feel like that was missing from our meet ups back in the day.

Now that I have my shop and a big parking area (no lift yet - sorry), I could host a wrench day sometime in the not so distant future. And with my looming retirement approaching (June 29 which is 242 days away if you are keeping score) I will be more available to host that sort of thing for those interested in coming to North GA.

Monthly is hard to make. I went to one meeting several years ago but it was nearly 6 months before it happened on a night I didn't work. I think combining with a light trail day and/or a camp out-cook out would be a great plan, like Larry suggested.

Could do a meeting in conjunction with (let's say) a football game watch party, or similar. Something with extra "value added" benefits, LOL.

Monthly is hard to make. I went to one meeting several years ago but it was nearly 6 months before it happened on a night I didn't work. I think combining with a light trail day and/or a camp out-cook out would be a great plan, like Larry suggested.

Could do a meeting in conjunction with (let's say) a football game watch party, or similar. Something with extra "value added" benefits, LOL.
I agree. Monthly is near impossible. So there is no confusion, this suggestion/poll is for quarterly.

These would be a social thing. Simply a way for a few folks in each area to hang out a few times a year. We still plan on having rides and work days in addition to these quarterly meetings. Like mentioned above, the rides & work days can be distractions from the social aspect of things. If Hugh is willing to host a work day here and there that would be great. It would be a closer option for us in Georgia.

Just confirming this is scheduled: next Tuesday, Mike's Hole in the Wall, 6pm, yes?

If that's the time and place then I should be able to drop in for a bit.

Edit: Any chance of getting an updated link to the discord channel posted?

Last edited:
Looks like it’s on (Facebook post attached).

IMG_0450.png

Don’t see it on my STLCA group deal but planning to attend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom