Change that FP filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone (Dan, Beno?) have the part numbers for what we would need for FZJ's?

if you havent got it yet the part # for the 1FZ's is 23217-16490

I was worried when i opened mine up and it was orange instead of white but i realized the OP had a FJ80 and part #'s were off just a bit too. Missed the part about the clip and new banjo bolt gaskets so waiting for those now.

Here's my nice and brown one off my 91 with ~132k miles. sorry for the crap picture, used my phone instead of my camera (lazy) :)

fuelfilter.jpg

FZJ80 part numbers:
23217-16490 filter...mine is orange also
23219-03010 fuel pump clip
90430-12026 gasket

My filter sock for my 62 (over 210k) was nearly pristine also. I don't know if the previous owners did it but it seemed odd that the inside of my tank had no evidence of debris also. I dropped the tank to replace my rusted out lines coming off the tank.
Many of the 62 had recalls on the tanks for leaks as i recall so yours may have been changed at the time your tank was changed, you can have The dealer check if yours had the tank changed out, also the rear seat belts had recalls as well.

Anyone have the part numbers for a 97 to replace the filter and the sock and any other needed gaskets and clips? Rig just started stalling out on me and want to try and replace these this weekend.
Thanks

I grabbed those but I was under the impression there was another filter on the frame or is the one listed the only one? Talking with my local dealer because I would like to be able to get this done and I wanna make sure I'm getting all the parts I need. PM'd CDan but havent heard back yet.

Thanks for the help

Sorry but just for clarity, are the listed part numbers for all FZJ's? I have a 93 and just want to make sure I get it right.

I grabbed those but I was under the impression there was another filter on the frame or is the one listed the only one? Talking with my local dealer because I would like to be able to get this done and I wanna make sure I'm getting all the parts I need. PM'd CDan but havent heard back yet.

Thanks for the help

The other filter that was mentioned was for an FJ80. The inline fuel filter that lives on the inside frame rail just under the distributor on a 91/92. The FZJ80s have an inline filter as well, but it is located under the intake manifold (I think). Different animals for sure.

Thanks for the help

tell them you want the inline filter under the intake manifold...totally seperate from the in-TANK filter sock..sorry no part number but shouldnt be a tough part to look up.

tell them you want the inline filter under the intake manifold...totally seperate from the in-TANK filter sock..sorry no part number but shouldnt be a tough part to look up.

Has anyone had any success with locating the part number and completing an R&R for this "inline filter" located somewhere under the intake manifold?

Also, for the FZJ80 (i have a '97), do we also need to replace the 2 metal gaskets that seal off union bolt fuel line, as reported by Fitzer in post #15?

CDan or Beno are the parts gurus, and when you call them you will get what you need to do the job correctly (I think new washers come with a new filter). Found this link for parts but best to contact the experts; they will know if a part number has changed and if it is the correct part for your rig.

ToyoDIY.com

Has anyone had any success with locating the part number and completing an R&R for this "inline filter" located somewhere under the intake manifold?

Also, for the FZJ80 (i have a '97), do we also need to replace the 2 metal gaskets that seal off union bolt fuel line, as reported by Fitzer in post #15?

Filter, 23300-69045

Gaskets, 90430-12026

So is the filter in the tank a PM that should be down, if one hasn't noticed any fuel delivery issues?

It's not "factory-recommended" maintainence.

Word of advice. When replacing fuel filter, loosen the fuel lines BEFORE removing the mounting bolts to the engine. You will not be able to get enough torque to remove the lines if you do not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom