CBI covert Bumper on a LX570 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didnt weight the mass difference, I will say it has been on now for a while and many miles and it still looks great and finish is good. I waited the full length of the lead time but they were good with updates.

Looks great! Did you not weight it @ducky145 ? Did you weigh the take off/cut offs too? How long did you wait for delivery?

CBI has had some checkered past on this forum, perhaps you experience could be summarized to help mediate and inform where they are now?

I agree with @tbisaacs that it doesn't capture some of the low hanging off-road design fruit, but as a installer of a TLC bumper on my LX, I didn't really get much clearance back either. The frame horns are where they are at, and the attachment point for the tow hooks on the frame isn't moving either.

Look into Spring Rubbers as an option to increase the spring constant up front to address the permanent added mass and get back your AHC overhead for ride quality.

I put a priusu(same umbrella as CBI) rack on my GX460 and it was well built and fit great. Im sure the low production of the 200 series make them have to be a little more stingy on production runs and probably have to wait until they get enough orders.

I put a priusu(same umbrella as CBI) rack on my GX460 and it was well built and fit great. Im sure the low production of the 200 series make them have to be a little more stingy on production runs and probably have to wait until they get enough orders.
Did all the hardware on your prinsu rust? I had to break the bolt heads off to move the crossbars after it was on for a year.

Did all the hardware on your prinsu rust? I had to break the bolt heads off to move the crossbars after it was on for a year.
Mine wasnt on that long but I think I put anti seize on the bolts since I knew they were going into the aluminum crossbars

OP, looks great! I wish they made a bumper like this for the 08 to 12 LX. Keeps the understated look intact, while providing some protection and capability,

The LFD one doesn’t extend to the sides unfortunately which is where I see most of the benefit being. Ended up going HWM and going to do a good amount of trimming. Still lacking that strength in ability to slide over obstacles or ground when departing steep inclines, but is what it is.

OP, looks great! I wish they made a bumper like this for the 08 to 12 LX. Keeps the understated look intact, while providing some protection and capability,

The LFD one doesn’t extend to the sides unfortunately which is where I see most of the benefit being. Ended up going HWM and going to do a good amount of trimming. Still lacking that strength in ability to slide over obstacles or ground when departing steep inclines, but is what it is.

100%. My GX bumper always got smacked on the corners. I had to reform it with a heat gun and bend the brackets back into place a couple times.

100%. My GX bumper always got smacked on the corners. I had to reform it with a heat gun and bend the brackets back into place a couple times.
I have had to do the same. Before I had the heat gun I was able to prove the hot water via kettle and a little pressure from inside the wheel well will indeed work. Hopefully trimming the bumper a decent amount will reduce some of that, however it won’t protect from some higher side impact like I imagine this cbi will just as sliders help keep things out of panels etc.

It’s this part where the approach is much better on an aftermarket bumper, being able to edge up on an obstacle from an angle.

There isn’t much gain straight ahead approach with any aftermarket option.

This is a Rival4x4

IMG_5973.jpeg

Anyone ever figure out why its only listed as fitting 19-21?

I was chatting with CBI via the text option they have and the person at first said they were not sure if there is some reason that it wouldn't fit on a 2016-2018 or if it simply had not been tested.

So I pushed a little and asked if there was a way we could find out because I was interested. I also said that if testing was the issue, I live in UT and am only about 4 hours from their shop in Idaho Falls. They then came back and said "Engineer said it should fit"

I was chatting with CBI via the text option they have and the person at first said they were not sure if there is some reason that it wouldn't fit on a 2016-2018 or if it simply had not been tested.

So I pushed a little and asked if there was a way we could find out because I was interested. I also said that if testing was the issue, I live in UT and am only about 4 hours from their shop in Idaho Falls. They then came back and said "Engineer said it should fit"
Will you commit? I’m tempted too for my 2018

Will you commit? I’m tempted too for my 2018

I’m tempted to on my 2017.

OP, well executed. Looks bad ass on there.

Is there a minimum order quantity for them to build? If so, and we can get that number, then yes, I would jump in. Im gunna have to do something with this front end because it wont last long the way it is.

I’m tempted to on my 2017.

OP, well executed. Looks bad ass on there.
Is there a minimum order quantity for them to build? If so, and we can get that number, then yes, I would jump in. Im gunna have to do something with this front end because it wont last long the way it is.
We could inquire to see what their production minimum would be and maybe parlay that into a Mud discount?

I have a question about the winch installation. Did you need to purchase the warn relocation kit? If not where did you mount the control module? Do you have any pictures? I’m planning to install mine this week, just want to make sure I have everything I need.

I found quotes that this thing is 165 lbs. While that still seems heavy for what it is, its much less than 220.
I installed my Warn Evo 12s this weekend ( still working on a proper mount for my controller). I decided to weigh everything because this was initially a big deterrent for purchasing the CBI and accessories.
CBI covert front bumper 104 lbs
Baja design On6x 30” curved 11.5 lbs
Warn Evo 12s 49 lbs
So total weight was 164.5 lbs.
I did not do the initial install of the bumper so I wasn’t able to weigh the material that was removed.

I installed my Warn Evo 12s this weekend ( still working on a proper mount for my controller). I decided to weigh everything because this was initially a big deterrent for purchasing the CBI and accessories.
Warn Evo 12s 49 lbs
I did not do the initial install of the bumper so I wasn’t able to weigh the material that was removed.
Wow I was wayyy off. I have no idea where I got 220 lbs, my bad.

Warn Evo 12s 49 lbs

Would love to see some pics!

Here are some pictures of the winch fully installed. One of the bracket I built to mount the winch controller and one of the controller installed.
IMG_5487.jpeg
IMG_5476.jpeg
IMG_5477.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom