Cargo Slider Windows>> Any thoughts...? (1 Viewer)

dpw

Hi all,
I thought this would have been discussed already but I couldn't find much....

I'm considering installing the aftermarket cargo sliding windows into my 62 to make accessing the rear easier. This thought has come to mind more often ever since I added a rear tire carrier--I think my dog might appreciate it the most though.

Any thoughts on why not to do it? I feel like I've heard of some complaining about leaks but assume if the install is sound it'll be good to go.

Thanks,
dpw

sschruff

Make PSILOCYBIN legal for PTSD

Spike Strip

Go Fun Me
SILVER Star
Supposedly, SOR's 60-series sliders have been re-designed to address all those issues and the new ones have had very positive feedback. I plan to get a pair when SOR opens its walk-in window, again. No screens though, which is kind of a bummer if you want to sleep in the back and keep the flying nasties out.

I'd like a pair of the OE sliders, too, but they're very difficult to find in serviceable condition and usually have to be shipped from Oz with risk of glass breakage high.

red66toy

Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
I got my pair of OEM sliders from AUS on ebay for about $50 each plus shipping. They came via sea freight and took a long time and they needed a total rebuild but that is not a hard task now that its been fully documented ;). Of course the main downside with the OEM is if you break the glass you are truly SOL. With the SOR units I am guessing you can get replacements? I love my OEM units though. But weight the pros and cons of each.

dpw

This topic on this website has been discussed probably only second to suspension upgrades.....there is/are VOLUMES of info on this.
👍🏽Good to hear.
I’ll have to give it a closer look then.
Rgs,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom