Cape Fear Electronics (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received the last major part for the regen radio from eastern Europe.

20230520_160404.jpg

Working on a 08600-00014 radio today. The first check on these is to see if the output transistors get hot. Well, these did. Took it apart to check the bias diodes.

20230623_141332.jpg

first diode (drifted way out of spec):

20230623_142853.jpg

second diode (open):
20230623_142942.jpg

Good diode:

20230623_143159.jpg

Hey, just wanted to say "hello and very cool!!!" Just say @ToyotaMatt post on Instagram about you. I have a 85 bj74 and a 93 kzj78. I'm up in Wilmington. I will reach out to you if I ever need help!!!

I know the FM radios between USDM and JDM vehicles work on different frequencies, but is it the same for AM? I can hear some faint static if I turn my radio way up, but that's it.

ITU region 2 (US) does differ from Japan for FM commercial broadcast band (88-108 vs. 76-90). I think there is or was an effort to expand that. Pre-emphasis and channel spacing are also different. AM commercial broadcast bands are the same tho. AM channel spacing is different, 10 khz us, 9 khz jp, so if you are using a digital tuner, you will be off frequency most of the time.

Hello, I tried sending you a private message but it says your inbox is full.

I was wondering how much you charge to inspect and repair an emissions module?

I have a 1979 FJ40 and the previous owner bypassed the emissions module for the ICS, so I’m guessing it probably has some bad solder connections. Would love to fix it and get the ICS fully functional again.

Thanks!

working on clearing out the inbox, it is $50 to test and fix small stuff and send back (conus). If it is a mess we will talk and work it out.

I see a few radios for sale on fleebay now advertised to be for the FJ40. They are not. All FJ40 radios had the control pegs low and inside like this. And they were all AM only. If the pegs are centered vertically then it is not an FJ40 radio.

1690033681940.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom