Cam's FJ60 Gets a Heart Transplant (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What happened to don't ask/don't tell? :rainbow:

I had to "promise" I'd do a bunch of house projects first. And starting yesterday, it is now heat stroke season...

...but I can find stuff for you to do when you're in town!

I'm sure I'll weasel my way into it somehow!

grab the entire thing at one time (tc,trans,engine)...it has to come out kind of steep but it will. Its heavy....I would make sure you have at least one friend helping to make things easier. You might want to go by somewhere and get a few sharpe markers and labels (with the strings) to mark any wiring that's important to keep up with. Easy to do when you disconnect...hard to figure out later one sometimes. A/C wire, Coil wire, I used Coil + wire for ign on signal, and coil - wire for tach signal patch, then I used a relay off of OEM Toytoa A/c wire to feed relay which then powers GM A/C compressor.

You may also want two of those adapters for the p/s (gear/sector) that allow you to run A/N hose.

We used some string across the fenders when we went back in with the V8 to gauge the height of the engine as I wanted it high as possible but obviously clear the hood so it could close. While mine is a 5.7... I blocked and removed EGR and I don't run converters and don't run the rear 02 sensors.

I like the configuration on the 5.3 and 6.0 engines...nice. The 5.7 Vortec is ok but kind a 5.7 bottom end + a half-baked Fuel Inj. on the top end. I'll run the 5.7 until it goes BOOM or I sell it.

That's the plan. All at once.

Tryna inspire some help... I'll have the Grizz girls on hand to pass out cold drinks :grinpimp:

image.jpg

s***. If I wasn't in Istanbul, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

But I would want assurances that these fine specimen would be present and willing to help.

:)

Hmmm.... Dat don't look nuttin like a 2F!

Unfortunately, by the time I got on a plane and flew the 20 hrs to get to MEM, the festivities will be over.

ok day 1 over....by day three V8 should be sitting in there bolted down :)

1st lesson learned - take off the bumper and lower sheet metal.

Even with the boom fully extended and the picker as close as it would go, we weren't directly over the motor. As a result, when it lifted out of the mount, it came forward half a foot with the force of a freight train. Whoops! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom