Camping with your 60/62 thread.... ready go: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

North Padre National Seashore

IMG_5711.JPG

Think this was somewhere in Nevada on the way to Cruise Moab. This is how exciting my camps look. At least we looked to be the first into this little campground in the middle of nowhere.

20140429_073449.jpg

oh hey it got marginally more exciting!

613.JPG

Now we're talking, Lone Warrior Rock in San Rafael Swell near the Swazey cabin with Wasatch and all the other Swell runners.

630.JPG

a little outlaw camping in Idaho near City of Rocks.. man you'd think land for camping was something that needed regulation and protection up there. Was very frustrating finding a place to sleep for the night

673.JPG

nice views at 7am

670.JPG

Esh, what wheel spacers did you end up using for the 4runner wheels? I've got a set I'm working on painting right now but I haven't figured out what spacers to get yet. I'm thinking I'll need 1.250", but I'm not sure if I need a hub-centric spacer for the rear. I'm hoping to have them ready to go before the end of August so I can take advantage of the lighter weight and smaller street tires that are on them when I drive out to the Tetons!

Not speaking for esh but I have Tacoma wheels (he did too at one point), which should be a the same backspace and you need AT LEAST 1.25" spacers or you wont clear the tie rods. Brake caliper clearance was fine even with monster TLC calipers.

Looks like a very relaxing time, WHG423. A group of us also made good use of the three day weekend and did a 130 mile loop in the Gravelly Range of SW Montana. The photo below was taken from approximately 1200 ft above the road and you can just barely see our rigs.

14405576419_a92357448c_b.jpg

We camp frequently all around the local area, lots of wide open spaces.

SweetBriar, early May.
IMG_6953.JPG

Cross Ranch early June
IMG_6991.JPG

Fish Creek
IMG_7225.JPG

Fish we caught: Walleye ( got 2 of these, about 4-5 lb each)
IMG_7099.JPG

Northern Pike ( Got 3 of these, the biggest was about 7 pounds)
IMG_6976.JPG

What kind of bait were you using when you caught the Jeep (or whatever it is)?
LOL I think it was a Geo Tracker, the guy said he didn't realize that the bank dropped off like that, he wanted to make a big splash. Instead he made a big kerplunk. After some draining of water and a bit of wrenching, it started up and he was able to drive away.

LOL I think it was a Geo Tracker, the guy said he didn't realize that the bank dropped off like that, he wanted to make a big splash. Instead he made a big kerplunk. After some draining of water and a bit of wrenching, it started up and he was able to drive away.

Geo Tracker, huh? Well that's an easy one. In that case I probably would have used a Jeep itself as bait to catch a Geo Tracker. Imagine that.
But he took off about as soon as you set him free? 'Catch and Release' zone? Tough little guys, those Geo Trackers.

Where's this? ^ Looks a lot like Island Park, Id

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom