Camping Equipment for Our Trucks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Which mounting attachment did you use? I'm using U bolts and the brackets that came with it right now but your setup looks cleaner any closeups to the how it attaches to the bars?

ARB brackets and yakima clamps mounted to yakima bars.

20170615_092258.jpg

20170615_092253.jpg

Thank you, that's a lot better than what I am running. I didn't even know those clamps existed I have them on the way.

Yeah they are an item that is never stocked.... a guy on mud recommended them to me for a clean look

Yeah they are an item that is never stocked.... a guy on mud recommended them to me for a clean look

I think I just found another clean look Yamima makes an awning called the slimshady and you can buy their attachment separately there is a local bike store here that has the awning in stock I am going to measure and see if that will fit if not then I will just keep what I ordered.

A fellow MUD member found that Yakima 23H Might Mounts fit the stock 100 cross bars.

I have some on the way.

@BEG

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_1122.JPG

Well didn't get to use the awning at all at the NW Overland Rally..... was easy to set up but three of the four supports broke as soon as I tried to lengthen them... one even shot backwards?? I got them mostly fixed although they felt flimsy as hell and then realized their weren't and guy lines in the kit (my fault for not checking it out first) So I have an order in with the local oz tent rep for four of their supports and also their awesome guy lines.

Well didn't get to use the awning at all at the NW Overland Rally..... was easy to set up but three of the four supports broke as soon as I tried to lengthen them... one even shot backwards?? I got them mostly fixed although they felt flimsy as hell and then realized their weren't and guy lines in the kit (my fault for not checking it out first) So I have an order in with the local oz tent rep for four of their supports and also their awesome guy lines.
I made my own out of paracord. The cordage that came in the kits was big and ugly. I also have stakes for hard ground and made some ripstop nylon sand anchors for sand/snow.

I'm going to get one of these soon.... saw many of them in action this weekend and loved it. I'll still keep my old coleman but this thing just straight rocks.

Heather and I have talked about camping gear, like I suspect many others as well, a great deal. We go to Cabelas, Academy Sports and others from time to time to see if there is something we may like. But we still find the best source for gear ideas is going out and seeing what others are using that are either in your group or you meet along the way.

We think we have figured out our new tent and cot set up, went and stretched out on them at Cabelas :) We will continue to pack our dome tent as it has served us well and we will use it in foul weather rather than the much taller new tent.

Heather is currently searching a wide variety of kitchen storage ideas after seeing what Jamie and Heather had on our last trip. Our current huge box along with two coolers just makes for too many big boxes. to pack around.

To date, the best addition we have made in years is the Fox double charcoal grill. We like to grill for starters and when done the coals can be dumped into the fire pit. Having Charcoal along also helps getting a fire going when things are wet as well. The thing folds flat for packing.

61P5mtZPkxL._SL1000_.jpg

We look at a lot of gear and for the 3-4 day trips we like to take the KISS approach seems the best. We've been avoiding roof racks and swing out bumpers so far.

Heather and I have talked about camping gear, like I suspect many others as well, a great deal. We go to Cabelas, Academy Sports and others from time to time to see if there is something we may like. But we still find the best source for gear ideas is going out and seeing what others are using that are either in your group or you meet along the way.

We think we have figured out our new tent and cot set up, went and stretched out on them at Cabelas :) We will continue to pack our dome tent as it has served us well and we will use it in foul weather rather than the much taller new tent.

Heather is currently searching a wide variety of kitchen storage ideas after seeing what Jamie and Heather had on our last trip. Our current huge box along with two coolers just makes for too many big boxes. to pack around.

To date, the best addition we have made in years is the Fox double charcoal grill. We like to grill for starters and when done the coals can be dumped into the fire pit. Having Charcoal along also helps getting a fire going when things are wet as well. The thing folds flat for packing.

61P5mtZPkxL._SL1000_.jpg

We look at a lot of gear and for the 3-4 day trips we like to take the KISS approach seems the best. We've been avoiding roof racks and swing out bumpers so far.

Considered those before also

The thing we love about the Fox bbq grill is the fact it folds flat and takes up almost no space.

I think the wok/skottle/disc would be the perfect other cooking piece. The only missing item for us would be we would have to get a new bigger single burner.

I cooked on this several times while camping out, but it is heavy for camping gear. I use it at home all the time.

Amazon.com: Lodge P14W3 Seasoned Cast Iron Wok, 14 inch: Home & Kitchen

Last edited:
These are light, no cleaning necessary, nonstick, don't even require reheating. Just saying....

B7282B15-6FFF-42FE-9E10-2D2E829F5556-720-000000A4ABED0307.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom