Camp Ryan Adams (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fellow MUD enthusiasts,

I'd like to share this with the MUD community and ask that you broadcast this to anyone that may have the heart and resources to help. We have been running guided hunts and camping reunions for veterans on a beautiful piece of property in WI and have really begun to make a difference. We have been told that a week with us, in our informal and very "safe" setting, is having more impact than anything the VA can offer. Our non-profit is small and operates with 100% volunteer energy and a pretty limited budget. We do, however, have big plans.

The need to better support the families of our returning Soldiers, particularly the wives, is clearly evident and we are going to do something about it. We have the vision, the energy, the plans, the knowledge, and the compassion. We just lack the funds. We've identified a property that will make the perfect resort-like setting to host families and couples in a "back to nature" environment. Our mission is to help promote healing in the outdoors, and I can't adequately express how rewarding it has been this past couple of years to see this in action. Our donation request letter is attached, as well as copied on our web site. Contact me directly if I can share more information with you.

Let's pull out all the stops and make a difference. We are loosing 22 veterans a day to suicide here at home. Camp Ryan Adams exists to help put an end to this alarming trend. Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated and will make a difference. For example, I have been parting out 60's over the past two years and am selling parts and donating the proceeds to this organization. Every little bit helps.

We have 501(C)(3) status so any contribution is tax deductible. Please share this with others if you are so inclined.

Thank you, and may God bless you and your families this Christmas season!

Kevin Lillo
Development Director & Treasurer
Camp Ryan Adams Inc.
www.Campryanadams.org
Lillopad@gmail.com

Attachments

• Camp Ryan Adams Donation Request Letter 12-2-2015.pdf
    168.1 KB · Views: 227
Welcome Kevin!

This sounds like an excellent project!! It's great to see people trying to help!!

I'm curious as to why you placed this in the Veterans Highway forum... Intuitively, that's where it belongs... But, as you can see in the list of members (to whom I'm directing this, at the bottom), our actual members (e.g. Those who have actually joined our forum) are a very small fraction of the MUD membership.

Unless Woody or someone else directed you to post it ONLY in the Veterans Highway, I would suggest you also post it in Chit-Chat. Even there, it will only be seen by a limited number of MUDders (e.g. Those who frequent Chat). But, having gone thru this "absence of broadcast capability" when first we established the Veterans Highway, there is really no way to get your letter to all MUD members. You are certainly free to discuss this with Woody as well.

Anyway, the best I can do is try to make sure our Veterans Highway members see it... Best of luck!!
____________________________________________________________________________________\_____

Guys,

Please read Kevin's post#1, in this thread, do your own due diligence and whatever your heart and your finances tell you to do.

Thanks!!

Current list of veterans in the Veterans' Highway thread

@pngunme
@Chungas Revenge
@Colorado Boy-74-FJ40
@rkymtnflyfisher
@spotcruiser
@UltraFJ
@dieseldog
@krzyabncanuck
@sggoat
@FluByU
@WB8LBZ
@M0untaineer
@69LC
@Cdbailey
@FJCowboy
@ErikinSC
@reconranger
@CharlestonG8R
@honk
@Beau Diddly
@collk22
@daniel.watters
@Walkerm916
@Scuddyp4
@little_joe
@Ocho77
@jclarke450
@TexAZ
@divemedic
@ElPolloBlanco
@Helipilot
@brew8
@t_tentech
@firestopper
@Hugh Heifer
@awynne56
@thebrassnuckles
@KliersLC
@Alex Fogg
@Big Ed
@ExpoGeorgia
@David1947
@Boss Hog
@David1947
@coinoperated40
@OyajiJon
@jimep
@BIG RENO AL
@greenbeasty
@120mm

Current list of non-veterans in the Veterans' Highway thread

@JohnnyC
@fj401978

I thought this was about the singer/song writer lol

What a great cause! Wish I had some extra funds to contribute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom