California Title and Registration of Diesels

Discussion in 'Importing' started by DrivingMissRosey, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Dragos80

Dragos80

Hmm, so I could borrow my dad's car from out of state. He is a stand up guy and always willing to help me when the need arises.

2. tlaporte

tlaporte SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
  3. dcruiser666

dcruiser666

Yes, that would be a good choice. Things to consider are does your dads address exist in a district where smog/inspections would apply to your vehicle i.e. would you pass and would the vehicle need to be present, the registered owner will be responsible for reg renewal, insurance payments so would they pay and you pay them back? They could also report the vehicle as stolen hence the trust issue. This scenario is not 100% effort free on the part of the one doing you the favor.

4. dcruiser666

dcruiser666

Another thing you should do if you're going to have your vehicle titled and registered to someone else - have them sign the title without a date to release interest and give it to you. Then if for any reason you need to re-claim it or sell it you won't need their co-operation. This will really come in handy if they die or you have a falling out.

5. calux

calux

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.