Cabela's Low-Back TrailGear Seat Covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting ready to order these; seem like most people here approve of them for the price. Can anyone provide a picture of how they fit on the 2nd row seat? Might order those too but didn't see anything in previous threads.

I have a pic somewhere. They are adequate. It covers both seats so you can't flip one side down. That's the only downside.

This is the only one I could easily find...

IMG_0150.jpg

Yea, I like the looks and they seem to fit pretty good for the price. Don't have the seat down usually do that's not a big deal. Thanks for the pic

I have them on the front seats, they don't breathe for $*!% when the truck has been sitting in the sun all day. But I like mine well enough for the price.

I like mine on the front seats. I did not get the second or third row covers. I also added some wheelchair seat foam under mine before installing to help with the lack of padding on the horrible hard cracked leather seats.

I originally used the kind with the full back, but have since bought a replacement set with the separate headrest cover.

Here's a hint: Don't cut a hole in the side of the seat cover for the power seat controls. It just allows the seat covers to shred as you slide your fat ass across the seat multiple times/ day.

I have that on the 2nd row, got in the bargain caaave. It's ok, split seat is useless with it on, but they do their job.
girls don't like the camo, they think I'm the duck dynasty guy or some kind of pervert. *meh*

I like mine on the front seats. I did not get the second or third row covers. I also added some wheelchair seat foam under mine before installing to help with the lack of padding on the horrible hard cracked leather seats.

I originally used the kind with the full back, but have since bought a replacement set with the separate headrest cover.

Here's a hint: Don't cut a hole in the side of the seat cover for the power seat controls. It just allows the seat covers to shred as you slide your fat ass across the seat multiple times/ day.

Sounds like a good idea to add some extra padding. Which seat cover do you prefer, the full back or separate? They're on sale right now on the cabelas website if anyone is interested.

I have not got the separate ones installed yet.

When I bought my full back covers, the separates were not available. They fit a bit odd and for me, they tend to twist as I drag my butt and back across the seat to get in/out all the time. I need to make them a bit tighter, but I have not taken the time.

When I move the seat forward for someone else to drive, I can see the seat cover binding with the tracks/rails, so there's that issue also, but that's expected with covers.

The biggest gripe I have of these is that there is a pre-fab opening in the side panel for the seat controls. It is not even close to where it needs to be for our seats. These covers will fit full size expeditions as well I think, so those seats are much larger. I did a cut-out where my seat controls are and then I tried to snap my seat control cover back in. That doesn't work. Each time you slide across the seat, the cover pulls and pops out the control cover plate. It also creates a place for the seat cover to tear. That's why I need to replace them. My own fault, but they're not "perfect". But they are a helluva lot cheaper than $1000 for actual seat cover replacement.

The following cushion is what I bought. Since I'm 6'-1", the 2" thick on the bottom was too much, so I cut off the extra 1" thickness on the bottom part. I used the bottom and the back just as they are. I did not even need to glue or tape the cushion to the seat (I intended to, but it turned out to not be necessary) It made it a LOT more comfortable, but it could use the extra 1" from a padding standpoint, just to be more comfortable.

Amazon.com: DMI Convoluted Foam Chair Pad, Seat Cushion with Attached Back Cushion, Blue: Health & Personal Care

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom