Cab odor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I there a way to get rid of the bad odor coming out of the vents when I turn on the A/C? I had not run the AC in a couple of years and recently converted to r134... It works good now but it smells like my 15 year-old son's tennis shoes, not good :frown:.

Thanks in advance,

Meatloaf

try these folks.

FJC A/C Products

They make a product called 'evaporator odor control'. You spray it in the intake port of the AC on recirc mode and leaves a mild citrus smell. You may need a couple applications. I had an Exploder that the drain plugged and sat with water/mold for along time. I got it from a lcoal shop for ~$20/can. Your TX rep is:

P.R.O.S., Inc.
3917 Locke Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76107
P O Box 101353, Fort Worth, TX 76185-1353
817-732-1204 / 817-735-9680 fax
prosdal@aol.com

They also make something that you spray into the intakes to disinfect the vents.

Lysol works good - remove the glovebox, flip the HVAC control to "recirc" with low blower speed and spray it into the HVAC intake behind the glovebox. turn off blower motor and let it "soak" in the vapors for awhile. Won't clean the evaporator, but it will kill whatever is on it.

+2 Lysol and also consider some other form of dessicant(sp?) and an Ionizer that'll plug into the cig lighter.

Worst case do like we had to and disassemble the vents and break out a bottle brush.

Thank you all.

Tried the Lysol because it was the easiest to do and it seems to have worked. Now that the odor seems to be gone, the a/c started messing up on me yesterday... time to get at it again.

Peace,

Meatloaf

Thank you all.

Tried the Lysol because it was the easiest to do and it seems to have worked. Now that the odor seems to be gone, the a/c started messing up on me yesterday... time to get at it again.

Peace,

Meatloaf

that's the way it always works, fix one thing and something else needs upgrading :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom