Buyin', Sellin', Tradin' (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@reevesci I was looking at the your website because I have only heard good things about the Tough Dog. My biggest question was, what happens if I decide to go with a 4''? Am I gonna be looking at having to extend brake lines or anything like that? Sorry I am a newbie to the LC world.
@jynx If I could afford to slinky my pig I would good sir. Looking for anything around $1200 range.

More than brake lines to do it right.. If 1200.00 is your budget, either save for a bit longer or look at a shorter lift if you want it soon.

Caster plates, extended lines, extended bump stops, sway bar links, panhard bars, control/track arms, DC driveshaft... lots come into play on 4" and taller suspensions.

Shoot me a PM and we can discuss some things.

Jason

@reevesci is dead on. If you stay at or under about 2"-2.5" you can usually just do springs and shocks. Go much higher and lots of other things start to compound and add up. There is a reason why the complete Slee kit costs what it does, if its in there, its because you need it.

Also 4" is a lot, unless you are looking 37"+ stay in the 2"-3" range you will clear 35s no problem and save yourself from a lot of tail chasing.

5 80 series wheels, painted black at one time and I painted them grey, they all have rock rash, 5 center caps and a couple spares. Can't get any pics uploaded but if interested I can text them etc.

$200
i'll take them

Keeping my eyes peeled for a decent set of 31x10.50R15 tires if anyone has a set they need to part with. Looking for something to put on the sammy.

TIA

I've got a 3 speed trans with almost all of a SBC conversion. The transfer was rebuilt and is solid. Shifts smooth in all gears. I'd replace the input shaft bearing and seal before install if I were to run it. I had planned to use the transfer case gears in my 40, but that's getting less likely. I'd sell the V8 kit alone or the whole thing. Trans and transfer are solid. Kit is complete and then some, including bell housing, flywheel and clutch, as well as propellor mount and a ton of other stuff. I do think it is missing the slave cylinder mount, unless I find it somewhere, but that is easily made. If you want it, make an offer. I have no idea what the kit sells for...I'd prefer to keep the transfer if that's of interest.

I dug this gem out of the garage from my '84 FJ60 that I sold years ago.

Power steering pump
- It's a reman from a big box store (Advanced Auto or AutoZone, I don't remember) It worked great I just needed it in a pinch and bought it. I rebuilt the original and reinstalled it so then I was left with this one.

Best offer

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

Last edited:
3rd member for mini truck with 5.29 gears. Has no locker or spider gears.

Didn't take pictures figured if you are wanting or needing one you know what they look like.

Make offer

For Sale

Garvin Wilderness Rack

50"x79" is what it measures inside the top rail of the basket

Includes: rack, 8 gutter mounts, hardware, and I believe I have the spare tire holder and some assorted side mount bracketed that will go with. $650

0722172014a.jpg

0722172014.jpg

And how it sits on an 80 roof. It covers the full roof.

0722171946.jpg

I need some tires. 235/75/16 or bigger. just need something to get me by until i get this 80 lifted

Looking for an 80 series front bumper with end caps for my 95 if anyone has an extra lying around. Preferably around Middle TN.
Any help is appreciated.

@10KILR how far are you from Tullahoma? There was a fairly complete 80 posted last week at a pick-n-pull down there. @radioridge was there last week and might could comment on condition

I'm about 1.5 hrs from Tullahoma, will do some checking and may give Andy a call as well. Thanks for the heads up

Welcome sir. There is a picture of it in the spotted thread on the last page I think.

image.jpg

C
Looking for an 80 series front bumper with end caps for my 95 if anyone has an extra lying around. Preferably around Middle TN.
Any help is appreciated.
Cfc pick and pull

IMG_5092.JPG
Hey STLCA, in the middle of a DIY paint job to clean my 80 up a bit, and I'm thinking about selling these bolt on OPOR sliders. They are sold on metal tech website, I think for over $600. Really sturdy, angled up, and great cat protection. Built for a '95-97, prob wont work for earlier 80 series, but someone may want to correct me that knows about the cat converter differences.

Since they are heavy, I'd rather sell them local, and since all you dudes are getting 80 series and wheeling them pretty hard, these are your sliders!

I'm going in a more overland expo direction with my 80 and thinking about running the land cruiser phil slider, which is considerably lighter

$485 and you save on loads of shipping!

PM me, and if no one from our club wants them, I'll put em on Craigslist

Cheers!

Dang, I'd love to put a set on the brown 80, but the 91-92 cat is on the wrong side to even try to fit them on mine. They would probably fit a 93-94, but the cats are side by side instead of in line so might take a little creative fitting.

View attachment 1524692 Hey STLCA, in the middle of a DIY paint job to clean my 80 up a bit, and I'm thinking about selling these bolt on OPOR sliders. They are sold on metal tech website, I think for over $600. Really sturdy, angled up, and great cat protection. Built for a '95-97, prob wont work for earlier 80 series, but someone may want to correct me that knows about the cat converter differences.

Since they are heavy, I'd rather sell them local, and since all you dudes are getting 80 series and wheeling them pretty hard, these are your sliders!

I'm going in a more overland expo direction with my 80 and thinking about running the land cruiser phil slider, which is considerably lighter

$485 and you save on loads of shipping!

PM me, and if no one from our club wants them, I'll put em on Craigslist

Cheers!

Well that was a lame for sale post, as I am now thinking I am going to keep them. Amy and the kids put up a stink since the sliders really help them get in and out of the rig, and the LC Phil sliders are minimal with no side steps.

Sorry, guys. Teaser thread.

JS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom