burst brake line... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did the second burst happen near the first? Next to the gas tank seems to be a problem area...

no, the second one burst on the axle in the middle right under the clamp, goin to the drivers side drum... replaced line, all good... but now for some reason my brake and battery light keep flickering one in awhile...

Cool. You will be shocked how easy they are to replace.

yea... i tried doin it on a spare alternator i had that didnt work... the only problem i had was unsoldering the connections...

Uh? There is nothing to unsolder. They come in a holder. Two screws, done.

You're both right, you can buy the brushes for about $5 or you can get the brushes in their holder for about $20... I think Someone mentioned it in the thread I did... I usually got for the cheap fix because I'm always broke... :D

i guess i missed that part, if i knew that i couldve gotten them with the holder i wouldve... i only got the brushes, but since i cant get my old ones out, im going to have to look into that more.

Brushes with holder: 27370-35060 $18.95 list, $14.22 from CDan.
Brush only: 27371-70300 $4.14 each, two needed.

For ten bucks more, get them in the holder.

alright... two things, 1) who is cdan? ive heard the name a few times on here but never really looked into it. 2) i have an extra holder laying around, and i saw somewhere on the internet that you can drill out the old wire instead of trying to unsolder them, so im going to give that a try

Cdan is Cruiser Dan (I think that's his name here on 'Mud too.) his profile pic is that of General George S. Patton Jr. for reference.
He runs the parts department for American Toyota in some NM city, I don't remember. He offers an really nice discount to Mudders.
Great guy, he's seen just about everyone lose their cool, and he never so much as dimmed his candor, and he can advise you on the whole brush replacement setup, too.

Beno, here on 'Mud works with him, either one's a good contact for when you need the parts!

alright... two things, 1) who is cdan? ive heard the name a few times on here but never really looked into it. 2) i have an extra holder laying around, and i saw somewhere on the internet that you can drill out the old wire instead of trying to unsolder them, so im going to give that a try

Contacting Cruiser Dan <-link

Parts manager at American Toyota, Albuquerque, NM. Good guy, one of the best parts guys out there for any Toyota, but especially 4x4. He is the go to guy for FZJ80, but will help out anybody. This guy spouts off parts numbers like an EPC. Discount is 25% off list, but keep in mind you will pay shipping. Many dealers do not charge list. It's only a suggestion. When I lived in CA my dealer charged 10% OVER list. The big advantage is Dan knows his stuff and will get you the right part. He will also bust a gut to get the part for you when other dealers just won't bother going through the effort. He once brought in a bellhousing for a R151F from Japan for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom