bumper holes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All - wondering what the 2 parallel holes are for in the FJ70 front bumper. Are they for the factory extension for the winch? Thanks.

Hello,

There are three types of front bumper. The difference is in the number of holes.

One type has two holes on each end and three holes in the center. The former are intended for fog lights, factory or aftermarket. The latter are intended for the license plate.

The second type has more holes on the upper part, three or four if I remember correctly. One of the holes on the right side is intended for the license plate older. The other holes are for the plates that come with the front extension, also known as front porch. This variant is almost exclusive for Japanese Domestic Market trucks.

The third type is like the second type, but with a rectangular hole in the center. This hole is for the winch.

Both the second and third types are used with the front porch. The first type does not have enough holes for this.

In the front porch, there is provision for fog lights on the plates.

Juan

Hello,

There are three types of front bumper. The difference is in the number of holes.

One type has two holes on each end and three holes in the center. The former are intended for fog lights, factory or aftermarket. The latter are intended for the license plate.

The second type has more holes on the upper part, three or four if I remember correctly. One of the holes on the right side is intended for the license plate older. The other holes are for the plates that come with the front extension, also known as front porch. This variant is almost exclusive for Japanese Domestic Market trucks.

The third type is like the second type, but with a rectangular hole in the center. This hole is for the winch.

Both the second and third types are used with the front porch. The first type does not have enough holes for this.

In the front porch, there is provision for fog lights on the plates.

Juan
You the man! Thanks for the info. I have the first type - 2 holes either side. Hoped they might be for fog lights.

Post #377 shows my FZJ75 with OEM fog lights and license plate holder on that bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom