For Sale Built 2000 LC. Rusty, but runs great (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've owned this truck for the last 7 1/2 years. She runs great, but may need some body rust taken care of, depending on where you live. Unfortunately I need a truck that can haul some heavier loads, and I need to let this one go.

$4,000 OBO
~145k miles
Pittsburgh

Lots of upgrades:

Steel front bumper - custom built by BumpItOffroad, with 10,000 lb winch and Dually-brand LED fog lights wired to stock fog light switch.

High clearance steel rear bumper (BumpItOffroad) with rear quarter panel protection. Dual swingouts – Ladder/RotoPax on one side, spare tire/high-lift jack mount on the other. Spare tire mount easily holds 35” spare.

3 heavy duty steel skid plates (BumpItOffroad) covers everything from the radiator to the transmission.

Steel sliders (BumpItOffroad) protect the rocker panels from rocks and errant in-laws. They are also great for the vertically challenged to get into the truck.

3 inches of suspension lift from heavy Duty Old Man Emu suspension including front torsion bars, rear springs, and sport shocks. An additional 1-inch body lift was added to give clearance for 35-inch tires. That gives 4 inches of total lift.

Tires/wheels included:

35” Toyo MT (5 tires/rims) on stock LC rims. (15-17/32)

33” Toyo M55 (4 tires/rims) on stock Lexus LX470 rims (currently on the truck, 7-10/32)

33” Toyo MT (5 tires/rims) on stock LC rims (3-5/32)

Custom rear drawer system. Built from ¾-inch plywood and utilizes stock 3rd-row seat tie down locations to secure box to floor. Top of box is even with folded second-row seats which makes it a great sleeping platform. Recessed tie-downs bolted to top of drawer cabinet. Two drawers on 200-lb rated slides, and swing up side panels to access around wheel wells and the stock jack/tool cubby. The 3rd-row seats have been removed so that the drawers could be installed. They seats have been stored indoors, and should stay with the truck.

Four unistrut roof cross bars for holding roof rack. I plan to keep the Yakima MegaWarrior roof rack (with extension) for my other vehicles, but the IPF reverse light goes with the Cruiser. We might be able to negotiate the roof basket into the deal if you are interested in it.

Interior rear cargo ceiling bungee net storage system – great for holding sleeping bags, pillows, jackets, towels, etc.

Additional Electronics included:

1,000 watt inverter hard-wired into rear cargo area.

IPF reverse light with on/off/auto switch. Great for hitching up a trailer or setting up camp at night.

Dual batteries with National Luna Dual Battery Isolation Solenoid and in-cab controller.

Hard-wired waterproof battery charger/tender.

New Batteries (both primary and secondary) in July 2017.

Under-hood auxiliary fuse block, and center-console auxiliary fuse block.

CB antenna hard wired from front bumper into the cab.

I’ve been using the truck around my property as a farm truck for the last year, so it is not currently inspected. Some bodywork might need to be done to pass inspection, depending on where you live. The skid plates, sliders, and rear bumper are currently off, sitting on pallets; I removed them to assess the rust last year, and have not needed to put them back on. They will need to be reinstalled by the buyer.

This would make a great winter beater and trail truck as-is, or can be fixed up if you desire.

Front Camping.jpg

ready for camping.jpg

front quarter.jpg

rear suspension.jpg

How about some pics of the rust and how significant it is?

It is a 17 year old truck that spent it's whole life in Pittsburgh, so it has its fair share of rust. A majority of the body is in really good condition, but some spots are bad. See the photos below of the bad spots: front left quarter panel, right inner rocker, lowe section of lift gate, two spots on left rear wheel well, and one side of the right rear wheel well.

20170919_142752.jpg

20170919_142028.jpg

20170919_141859.jpg

20170919_141923.jpg

20170919_141958_001.jpg

And here are some interior photos:

20170919_141612.jpg

20170919_141653.jpg

20170919_141728.jpg

20170919_141810.jpg

And some more interior pics:

20170919_141815.jpg

20170919_141841.jpg

20170919_141623.jpg

20170919_142259.jpg

Some engine bay pics:

20170919_142052.jpg

20170919_142121.jpg

20170919_142131.jpg

20170919_142143.jpg

I bought the LC with about 110,000 miles on it. I completed all maintenance on this myself, with the exception of the timing belt/tensioner/waterpump that was done at about 115,000mi. And I had the pressure side hose of the power steering replaced at about 130,000mi. Both of these services were completed at an independant shop that specializes in Toyotas.

There is Mobile 1 in the engine, changed every 10k miles with the filter changed every 5k. I passively flushed the tranny with toyota fluid at 120,000. I use all toyota parts for brakes, and for replacement of the rear AC lines.

All brakes lines have been replaced within the last 2 years except for one.

Engine and tranny are fantastic. Bump it Off road bumpers, skid plates, and sliders are solid.

The sliders should be repainted, but the front and rear bumpers would only need a minor brush and rattle can in a few places. These parts alone are over $6k new.

There is a brake controller installed that I used to tow my 4,000lb camper, as well as back-up camera. The trailer wiring harness and backup camera were disconnected to remove the rear bumper, and would need to be reconnected.

If you have any more questions, just let me know.

Here are some photos of the third row seats, mid and belly pan skid plates on a pallet, the rear bumper parts on a pallet, and the extra sets of wheels/tires.

The 35" Toyo MTs are on 18" tundra steelies. I plan to keep them for my next truck unless the buyer really wants them, and the price is right.

View attachment 20170919_162248.jpg

20170919_170912.jpg

20170919_170943.jpg

20170919_172715.jpg

View attachment 20170919_154002.jpg

I forgot to mention that I have a set of the Factory Service Manual books, and some other spare parts, including a bag of various thicknesses of snap rings and hole snap rings for servicing the front axles. And I have a extra front axle. When I first bought the truck, one of the axles was leaking grease out of the outer boot; so I replaced both axles with new OEM units, and saved the one that wasn't leaking as a trail spare. I never had any other axle issues, so it is still in the one drawer in the LC.

20170921_165058.jpg

Sale Pending.

If those repair manual don't go with the truck I'd like to take them off your hands, any interest in selling separate?

If those repair manual don't go with the truck I'd like to take them off your hands, any interest in selling separate?
PMed if it falls through.... Im not very far from PA.

So, things didn't go exactly as planned this weekend.

The buyer came into town, ready to take this truck home. We were checking things out Friday night, started the engine and let it run for a while. I noticed that the brake booster was kicking on more often than it should. Looked around, couldn't see any issues. Then I tried hitting the brakes hard a few times... that did it - a hard line going to the rear axle sprung a leak. I had enough spare parts on hand, so I got the line repaired in short order. Bled the lines. The brake warning lights/buzzer was still sounding. After letting it sit while we had another beer and sat by the fire, we tried it again later and the lights/buzzer finally turned off after about 5 more minutes.

This morning, took it for a test drive prior to final sale, the lights/buzzer sounds again several times; each time the brake pedal goes to the floor and it takes a couple seconds for the booster to catch up - lights/buzzer goes off and brakes are fine again until you hit them again a few times later.

Long story short - I worked out a deal with the potential buyer, and he went home with the bumpers, sliders and skid plates stuffed into the back of a rental car. I feel awful for having him fly out here, and then have an unexpected mechanical issue that makes the truck unsafe to drive. The last thing I want is for something to fail on the drive home and someone get hurt.

So the rest of the truck is still for sale (no more bumpers/sliders/skid plates), $2,000 OBO:
Good Engine/Trans.
Rusted quarter panels, rockers & liftgate.
No rust on the doors.
4 x 33" Toyo MT on 16" LX470 wheels (I just put these back on the truck this week) (3-6/32" of tread)
4 x 33" Toyo M55 on 16" LC wheels (7-10/32)
1 x 33" Toyo MT on 16" LC wheel (19/32)
5 x 35" Toyo MT on 18" Tundra steel wheels (15-17/32)

Don't plan on driving it home unless you want to work on it in my driveway first. If that's your plan, I can supply the beer. :beer:
If you're looking for just a set of tires, or a specific part, we might be able to work out a deal; just let me know what you're looking for.

I was just going to ask if you'd part the rear bumper out.. Oh well

I ran the truck and moved it around the driveway a couple times over the last week, and the problem didn't repeat itself. It appears to be an intermittent issue with the brake booster. I'm guessing that a new (or new-to-this-truck) booster assembly is needed.

I have removed the National Luna dual battery system and Slee second battery tray since someone expressed an interest in purchasing them separately. I haven't heard back from him lately, so they may still be available in the near future if I can't get ahold of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom