Buckling hood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you tried searching? You'll find multiple threads on adjusting a shaky/vibrating hood.

It's been the subject of 2 threads I know of the last week~10 days, one was 1st page last night.

Try searching in google - I've heard people say the internal search isn't awesome, so maybe that'll get you some threads.

I took the advice of using google for search and appending ih8mud at the end. Tends to provide better results than the internal engine as Linus suggested.

Regarding the hood thread that Linus also spoke of, it's currently resides on page 4. The true value is the thread linked in the thread, lots of info to mine. Report back on your success, I feel like my hood is working in that direction.

Hood Rattle

Have you tried searching? You'll find multiple threads on adjusting a shaky/vibrating hood.

I did try a search, but I searched "buckling hood" and couldn't find an answer. People must of called it "wobbling" or "flexing", I'm not sure.

I used the 3m windshield urethane on mine and it's been fine ever since. The Camaro guys use it on theirs all the time.

Wear the Latex (or she will get your paychecks!)
IMG_7876.JPG

Foams, latex, urethane, etc, can hold moisture, causing rust. Have seen foam filled panels completely rust away and I'm not in a rust prone area.

So the survey says wind shield eurethane??? How about decorative run of Lathe screws???:idea:

Looks good to me. Does it vibrate with the side mirrors doing the hula dance too? Sometimes they get in sync.
Everyone with think you have a subwoofer.

I took the advice of using google for search and appending ih8mud at the end. Tends to provide better results than the internal engine as Linus suggested.

Using "Site:ih8mud.com" at the beginning of the google search bar will make it specific to this domain.

So the survey says wind shield eurethane??? How about decorative run of Lathe screws???:idea:

So i have gone with the survey. I bought the windshield eurethane. What i didn't buy was the primer. Not sure if i actually need the primer. I have done a test on a few places to see if it actually will bond. Will know more tomorrow.

So i have gone with the survey. I bought the windshield eurethane. What i didn't buy was the primer. Not sure if i actually need the primer. I have done a test on a few places to see if it actually will bond. Will know more tomorrow.

I'm going to do it too.

Thanks for testing. It's still to cold in Philadelphia for me to do anything yet, so I've not done anything yet.

Thanks for testing. It's still to cold in Philadelphia for me to do anything yet, so I've not done anything yet.
I have some free time this morning and its supposed to be 60 today so I may squirt some on and see what happens. We also use an OSI caulk for construction purposes but i would need to look at the chemistry there to see if it would be ok. It is a eurethane-sequel material (meaning you get it all over yourself when you use it) and it sticks like a mofo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom